Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Iraqi Prime Minister Tells Gates He'll Let U.S. Decide on Troop 'Surge'

Old 12-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iraqi Prime Minister Tells Gates He'll Let U.S. Decide on Troop 'Surge'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...referrer=email

Wasn't the plan for this administration (for eledgedly starting this war in the first place) to promote democracy for the Iraqi people? Talk about irony...the day my country's leader hands over the deciding power to a foreign nation, is the day we rise up and hang that guy.

Send more troops....yet still no plan. You stubborn son of a bitch Bush...you just won't listen. Even Gingrich said the same thing on Meet the Press this past sunday. Ugh...I have a feeling that this will severely injure McCain in the polls when he decides to run for pres in the coming months...

Last edited by Duff Man; 12-22-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:01 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

WTF are you talking about?

You are so wrong in everything you said. Multiple people are calling for more troops from all parties, and President Bush has already said he is listening to all sides in what needs to be done. As for Gingrich he is just another person with an opinion...besides when do you listen to him? And McCain has nothing to do with what President Bush does and the impact to increasing more troops will do little to him. There is actually a large block of voters that favor increasing the troops and is still a better plan than any proposed so far.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Duff Man

Maliki is letting the US decide the fate of his nation...what a tool. How is that democracy? He's letting us decide the fate of his nation.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
Maliki is letting the US decide the fate of his nation...what a tool. How is that democracy? He's letting us decide the fate of his nation.
How does letting the US decide (the US afterall does have the most experienced, most disciplined, and most lethal army in the Middle East right now) if they need more troops decide the fate of Iraq? Last time I checked Iraq has a government elected by the people who has explicitly asked the US to stay. We remain in Iraq at the request and invitation of the Iraqi government and should they ask us to leave we would have to do so.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Duff Man

as the days have past us, look at us now. Who was right?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Sure seems the troop surge is working...Al Qaeda is on the run in Al Anbar province and Sunni clerics are turning them in as they are coming to realize they are not helping the country.