Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

you guys love to talk about abramoff..

Old 11-15-2006, 05:11 AM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you guys love to talk about abramoff..

what's your take on this?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...ff_report.html

Sources close to the investigation say Abramoff has provided information on his dealings with and campaign contributions and gifts to "dozens of members of Congress and staff," including what Abramoff has reportedly described as "six to eight seriously corrupt Democratic senators."
Old 11-15-2006, 05:30 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I read that too but all those on the left will focus on is this...

The sources say Abramoff was about to provide information about Bush administration officials, including Karl Rove, "accepting things of value" from Abramoff.
Let's face it, there is a Culture of Corruption in government but it is not limited to any one party.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Hell, if he had dealings with democratic senators that were illegal, I'd like to see those guys out on their asses.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

I don't talk about Abramoff that much h:

Bottom line is that there needs to be massive attitude shifts up in Washington.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
I read that too but all those on the left will focus on is this...

Let's face it, there is a Culture of Corruption in government but it is not limited to any one party.
and how many dems were involved with Abromhof? Maybe it was a personal choice of abramoff, and yes, Dems have been involved with there fair share of corruption. But the fact of the matter...or fact soon to be found will show that the Bush administration has been involved in this corrupt circle. There are alleged photos of Bush taking checks from Abramof back in 00 for over $100k.

How many scandals was Clinton involved with that actually screwed the american people? — lack of better terms....you get the point :P....Whitewater? LOL what a joke! You righties tried and tried and tried...but you couldn't come up with a thing.

There's a good chance that this administration had very close ties with Abramoff. A very very good chance. They are just good at covering their tracks.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:29 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
and how many dems were involved with Abromhof? Maybe it was a personal choice of abramoff, and yes, Dems have been involved with there fair share of corruption. But the fact of the matter...or fact soon to be found will show that the Bush administration has been involved in this corrupt circle. There are alleged photos of Bush taking checks from Abramof back in 00 for over $100k.

How many scandals was Clinton involved with that actually screwed the american people? — lack of better terms....you get the point :P....Whitewater? LOL what a joke! You righties tried and tried and tried...but you couldn't come up with a thing.

There's a good chance that this administration had very close ties with Abramoff. A very very good chance. They are just good at covering their tracks.
Andy,

I do not know any politician that has pictures of him taking checks...I would not get your hopes up.

And if you think that there are not more illegal things going onin Democratic circles then you are wrong.

And just because you cannot pin anything on someone does not mean they did nothing illegal.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Andy,

I do not know any politician that has pictures of him taking checks...I would not get your hopes up.

And if you think that there are not more illegal things going onin Democratic circles then you are wrong.

And just because you cannot pin anything on someone does not mean they did nothing illegal.
why are you

kissing

this administrations

ass...

The point of the matter is that there needs to be more restrictions between politicians and lobbyists. These new houses....espeacially these new freshman are vulnerable to corruption. We need legistlation that cracks down on this and we need our reps to well....represend us....the people...and we need the senators to come up with the big ideas that shift our nation and federal government. It's kinda odd how both houses have shifted towards the federal government. I'm sorry, but when did Corporation A have anything to do with representative B from district Z of state X that has nothing to do with that district?

Kinda f'd up if you ask me.

BTW, Abramoff has written hundred thousand dollar checks for this administration. Give it a few months and I'll revive this thread to rub it in your face. Let the investigations begin.

Last edited by Duff Man; 11-16-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:57 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:rofl: yeah, we need them coming up with legislation to fight corruption :lmao: you live in a nice bubble.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:36 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
why are you

kissing

this administrations

ass...

The point of the matter is that there needs to be more restrictions between politicians and lobbyists. These new houses....espeacially these new freshman are vulnerable to corruption. We need legistlation that cracks down on this and we need our reps to well....represend us....the people...and we need the senators to come up with the big ideas that shift our nation and federal government. It's kinda odd how both houses have shifted towards the federal government. I'm sorry, but when did Corporation A have anything to do with representative B from district Z of state X that has nothing to do with that district?

Kinda f'd up if you ask me.

BTW, Abramoff has written hundred thousand dollar checks for this administration. Give it a few months and I'll revive this thread to rub it in your face. Let the investigations begin.
When

did I

mention

the administration?

Jack Abramoff did illegal things, that does not mean everything he did was illegal.

Please do let the investigations begin. If the Democrats look like a party with a vendetta it only helps the GOPs chances in '08.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Duff Man

investigations.... lobbyists... general attorneys, and so on... as the days have past us, look at us now. Who was right?