Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

The best platform for a daily driver.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:56 AM
mikesta21
93preludesi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best platform for a daily driver.

Well, not necessarily the best, but heres my problem. I have a clean fourth gen prelude, and it is an old car. Maybe it only has 75k on it, but its still getting old. I want to set it up for more fun on the autocross course, while still maintaining driveability. I also plan to turbo using dsm parts w/o touching internals, yielding around 220-240 whp/wtq.
Now, if both set up properly, how would this compare to a GTI? I don't like peak/high end hp, I like usable tq at all rpm. This is what the gti does, and most vw for that matter. Which will perform better? Does this hatch present more handling potential? Its pretty appealing that one can run 20psi+ daily on a stock block.... cant do that with a honda motor.
I expect some bias, but try to be honest.. how will they compare performance wise when both properly customized in suspension and engine? I've often heard VW is for people who like cars, and caters to people who "love driving" more so than a honda.

Let me know what your past experiences have been, and don't turn this into a played out Jap/Euro fight to the death.

mike.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 AM
fjm1
G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyota FTW