Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

4 soldiers face charges, and two the death penality over raping and killing...

Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
fjm1
G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Sorry Andy but I am throwing up the :bs: flag.

http://www.cvt.org/main.php/Advocacy...CommissionsAct
The bill also empowers the president to define all other non-grave breaches of Common Article 3.

This is the end result. Habeas Corpus, bye bye. The president is in charge of all now. May your God help you if you are ever deemed to be an "enemy combatant".
Old 10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by fjm1
Holy thread derailment batman! Something tells me they were not raping that little girl in an effort to learn "insurgent" intelligence.

If Thomas Jefferson didn't have a heart attack making it with his slave girls I doubt this would have caused it.

Using rape as a form of military domination and ethnic dilution is nothing new. But we as a culture have frowned upon it.
we as a culture, until someone steps in and defines prudence and forces it into law....

Originally Posted by fjm1
The bill also empowers the president to define all other non-grave breaches of Common Article 3.

This is the end result. Habeas Corpus, bye bye. The president is in charge of all now. May your God help you if you are ever deemed to be an "enemy combatant".
exactly
Old 10-26-2006, 04:20 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
we as a culture, until someone steps in and defines prudence and forces it into law....

exactly
It still does not sanction rape as you stated above.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:35 AM
Buyimports2

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
I agree with the charges brought. Those that commit crimes need to face justice no matter is they are in uniform or not. What I do not like is people that try to use the actions of a few to paint the whole armed forces or blame this on the Bush administration.
A completely agree. This is no ones fault but those soldiers. Period.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:17 AM
qtiger

With the armed forces lowering their standards of who is eligible to enlist, we will be seeing more of this.