Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

4 soldiers face charges, and two the death penality over raping and killing...

Old 10-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 soldiers face charges, and two the death penality over raping and killing...

A 14 year old girl. That was just after they killed her two parents and 5 year old sister in the room next to her, and when they were done with her, they then set her body ablaze, and hid the weapon the used in a ditch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15320226?iraq

Video report from the BBC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8sEFC4qSc

And a relevant quote I found:
A quote from General George S. Patton, Jr. from his memoirs "War As I Knew It", chapter 1, letters from North Africa, in a conversation with some leaders of the civil government of Morocco (which he had just occupied):

I then told him that, in spite of my most diligent efforts, there would unquestionably be some raping, and that I should like to have the details as early as possible so that the offenders could be properly hanged."
Old 10-18-2006, 10:04 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I agree with the charges brought. Those that commit crimes need to face justice no matter is they are in uniform or not. What I do not like is people that try to use the actions of a few to paint the whole armed forces or blame this on the Bush administration.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:32 AM
fjm1
G35

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
I agree with the charges brought. Those that commit crimes need to face justice no matter is they are in uniform or not. What I do not like is people that try to use the actions of a few to paint the whole armed forces or blame this on the Bush administration.
I agree, to a certain extent. The caveat is that war brings out the absolute worst side of human nature. Could our president and nation have done more to avoid this predicament in the first place? I think so.

It is akin to setting someone up for failure. Our armed forces are doing an outstanding job with unacceptable levels of training, equipment, and sheer numbers.

You've got to ask yourselves, of these 5 people involved, where was their morality check? This is more telling of the overall culture in the unit than it appears on the surface. It would not surprise me if their entire unit is FUBAR. So there may be some generalizations that can be drawn from this, as it may be only the tip of the iceberg.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Duff Man

Legistlation passed earlier in the week makes this legal by the United States. It's now a law.

This is ok now. It's actually ok for this to happen with in our border too...our mothers and sisters...as long as Rumsfeld or Bush says that they are a threat to our nation.

Regardless, it's ok. It's now our law.

It's fucking law...this is OK

Well, that is unless you organize a protest. But then again, protestors are now considered a threat to our nation and you can be detained with out trial, held by the US government, tortured, and locked away for the rest of your life.

zeek heil! we now, official have a fascists dictator....and if you think I'm going to far with that statement, all we need is one more supreme court judge that kisses this administrations ass. BAM! we will officially become a nation that we fought a war against almost 70 years ago.

Last edited by Duff Man; 10-19-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by fjm1
It is akin to setting someone up for failure. Our armed forces are doing an outstanding job with unacceptable levels of training, equipment, and sheer numbers.
I fully agree. It's the leadership that has failed and it's those in Washington that have failed us. God damnit...the democrats...weak and spineless democrats OK'd the legistlation that makes this right. Law that makes this OK.

What the hell are we heading twords?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
I fully agree. It's the leadership that has failed and it's those in Washington that have failed us. God damnit...the democrats...weak and spineless democrats OK'd the legistlation that makes this right. Law that makes this OK.

What the hell are we heading twords?
Andy, you cannot always make up excuses for people for their actions. These soldiers' actions have nothing to do with those back in Washington (Dem or Repub.) nor the higher up commanders in the army. No matter where you are murder and rape is illegal and there is nothing to justify it and shift blame to people other than the ones that commited the act.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
ShaolinLueb

they should face the charged of what would happen to them if they lived in iraw. it would probably be worse then if they were in usa. its not okay. its not the administration. these guys would have done it anyway.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Andy, you cannot always make up excuses for people for their actions. These soldiers' actions have nothing to do with those back in Washington (Dem or Repub.) nor the higher up commanders in the army. No matter where you are murder and rape is illegal and there is nothing to justify it and shift blame to people other than the ones that commited the act.
Originally Posted by Lueb
they should face the charged of what would happen to them if they lived in iraw. it would probably be worse then if they were in usa. its not okay. its not the administration. these guys would have done it anyway.
Guilty or not, the Militarty Tribunal act that was passed earlier this week does in fact allow rape as means to detour threats on our country.

In fact, if someone with in our borders poses a threat to our nation, they can become victim to rape, electrical shock, water boarding, whipping, etc...etc...etc...as long as the method used does not kill the individual. Everything and anything goes. And as far as what is a threat, it doesn't matter. Someone can be detained with out warrant, with out trial, and with out justice. This not only destroys our nations democracy, it enables this president to do whatever he wants to whom ever he wants, whenever he wants.

This is one of the saddest days in our nations history. Thomas Jefferson would have had a heart attack.

If someone poses a threat on our nation, rapeing them is now ok.

Last edited by Duff Man; 10-21-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Guilty or not, the Militarty Tribunal act that was passed earlier this week does in fact allow rape as means to detour threats on our country.

In fact, if someone with in our borders poses a threat to our nation, they can become victim to rape, electrical shock, water boarding, whipping, etc...etc...etc...as long as the method used does not kill the individual. Everything and anything goes. And as far as what is a threat, it doesn't matter. Someone can be detained with out warrant, with out trial, and with out justice. This not only destroys our nations democracy, it enables this president to do whatever he wants to whom ever he wants, whenever he wants.

This is one of the saddest days in our nations history. Thomas Jefferson would have had a heart attack.

Sorry Andy but I am throwing up the :bs: flag.

http://www.cvt.org/main.php/Advocacy...CommissionsAct

Q. How does the MCA affect America’s commitment to human rights and the Geneva Conventions?

The MCA does not reinterpret America’s commitment to abide by the Geneva Conventions. It does define specific offenses that constitute “grave breaches” of Common Article 3. In this regard, the bill expressly outlaws torture and cruel or inhuman treatment, biological experiments, murder, mutilation, serious bodily injury, rape, sexual assault and the taking of hostages. The bill also empowers the president to define all other non-grave breaches of Common Article 3.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:46 AM
fjm1
G35

Holy thread derailment batman! Something tells me they were not raping that little girl in an effort to learn "insurgent" intelligence.

If Thomas Jefferson didn't have a heart attack making it with his slave girls I doubt this would have caused it.

Using rape as a form of military domination and ethnic dilution is nothing new. But we as a culture have frowned upon it.