Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Automotive Jihad

Old 09-25-2006, 10:54 AM
fjm1
G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automotive Jihad

Funny stuff

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/09/25/...eut/index.html

Fatwah Fridays.....
Old 09-25-2006, 12:50 PM
MellowGold

Ohio....laaaame.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:rofl: hilarious
Old 09-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

I guess we can't see it on Youtube, eh?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:23 AM
flyromeo3

lol fatwa fridays!!!!!

best part
Mirza said the Council would likely contact the dealer to "offer some kind of cultural or sensitivity awareness training."
Old 09-27-2006, 01:40 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

This is so damn hippocritical. I am sick of people bowing to Muslim sensitivities. Most recently the Berlin Opera cancelled a play with an unflattering depiction of Muhammed. But when it comes to making fun of Christianity or Judaism it is open season. Change that to making fun of Catholicism and there may be complaints but the ads would still move forward.

Complete BS!

Edit:

I love this. Not only was Muhammed to be decapitated but Jesus and Buddah too...

Berlin's Deutsche Oper said on Monday it had pulled performances of the opera, which features a scene depicting the severed heads of the Prophet Mohammad, Buddha and Jesus, after police warned it could pose an "incalculable" security risk.
But this gets cancelled because of the fear of offending Muslims, not Christians and Budhists.

Link

Last edited by DVPGSR; 09-27-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:24 PM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
But this gets cancelled because of the fear of offending Muslims, not Christians and Budhists.
The Muslim religion does not allow pictures, statues, or other representations of Muhammed, so it is a completely seprate problem. It is not just about someone making fun of Islam.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
This is so damn hippocritical. I am sick of people bowing to Muslim sensitivities. Most recently the Berlin Opera cancelled a play with an unflattering depiction of Muhammed. But when it comes to making fun of Christianity or Judaism it is open season. Change that to making fun of Catholicism and there may be complaints but the ads would still move forward.

Complete BS!

Edit:

I love this. Not only was Muhammed to be decapitated but Jesus and Buddah too...

Link
doh! Beat me to it! here's the Times link anyways:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/27/wo...th&oref=slogin

LOL BTW, folks are bowing down because certain idiots go balistic and kill people because of this sort of display...I find it ironic that Muslims are willing to bomb and kill when they are accused of being bombers and killers "WE ARE PEACEFULL PEOPLE DAMNIT! $%@#$@# NOW YOU WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF OUR GOD!!! DIE!!!"

Last edited by Duff Man; 09-27-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by MellowGold
The Muslim religion does not allow pictures, statues, or other representations of Muhammed, so it is a completely seprate problem. It is not just about someone making fun of Islam.
But this is not a religous play. Besides Christianity does not allow the cross to be put into a bucket of piss but people do it in the name of art. The problem is that they know Budhists and Christian are not going to kill over this but Muslims would.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:06 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
doh! Beat me to it! here's the Times link anyways:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/27/wo...th&oref=slogin

LOL BTW, folks are bowing down because certain idiots go balistic and kill people because of this sort of display...I find it ironic that Muslims are willing to bomb and kill when they are accused of being bombers and killers "WE ARE PEACEFULL PEOPLE DAMNIT! $%@#$@# NOW YOU WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF OUR GOD!!! DIE!!!"

See we do agree sometimes Andy.