Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Automotive Jihad

Old 09-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reno96teg
nonsense. Christianity and Judaism are constantly attacked from all sides, and this has been going on for as long as i can remember.

i see/read about it constantly on TV, in "art", even from some of our politicians. hell, just look at madonna's world tour. what she's doing is blasphemous, plain and simple. do you think Christianity allows for that? of course not. has that resulted in protests? sure. have there been any murders? no. even an ounce of violence? no way.

like DVPGSR, the only reason everyone keeps bowing down to the muslims is because they go absolute nuts when they're offended. but don't give me that shit that Christianity and Judaism aren't being attacked just as badly, or worse even, ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS, and that it's somehow OK because it's tolerated.

i'm sorry, mellowgold, but sometimes you are truly ignorant. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt though. seeing that you're only 17yo, it makes sense. you've barely lived and you have no idea what real life is like.
Holy shit Mellowgold is only 17? WOW! He has a more worldly view then most folks that I meet now at the age of 27! Mellowgold will definetly do well in this world. I'm amazed at how intelligent and engaged you are on such topics! I thought you were late 20's, no lie!

Back on topic, and I think you went a little below the belt Reno, but I agree. SOME....and lets get this fact straight, some Islams like to take things to ultimate extream while most of us normal folks just brush it off. How can these people get so violent, when their f'n argument is about being non-violent? It's absolutely absurd!!! It's almost humerous in its most twisted respect! I don't get it...how can you want to partake in killing those that call you violent, when you are only doing it to proove that you aren't violent?

WTF??

*edit* due to cursing...it really bothers me. I don't have any islamic friends, but to their respect, this does not portray them as a whole. It's a split culture...much like christianity with our present state in the US. Unfortunetly, this minority (thats far to large) wants to kill. An even smaller minority of evangelical extreamists wants to kill and destroy them. Thankfully, they don't take to the streets and bomb, but they manipulate the air waves and strike homes of americans that wouldn't ordinarily be affected by this war on religion.

...as a secular humanist, I actually applaud the evangelicals in this respect. Even though (according to them) the rest of us are all "going to hell" they won't send us to our deaths. While many of them would like to, they don't act upon it. They leave it to god. Wishfull thinking IMO, but at least they aren't kiling us.

Last edited by Duff Man; 09-28-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:30 AM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Realizing ones limitations and freely admitting them makes you stronger, not weaker.
I am well aware of my limitations and I know my weaknesses. That is the reason I am on this board...not to change minds, but to better my own. Do I honestly believe that I will change any of your minds? Absolutely not. I get in regular discussions with a very conservative teacher at my school. Needless to say, she corners me every time we go at it. And every day, people ask me why I still do it...

I reconize that I do not have many life experiances that come with age.

I have some very bad experiances with forum discussions when people found out my age...and I was in a very bad mood last night. Sorry 'bout the insult.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:42 AM
reno96teg

ok, i should add that i too was surprised when i found out you were only 17yo, because you certainly debate much better than i would ever expect from someone of that age. although, at the same time, it wasn't surprising because i see a lot of idealism in what you believe.

that said, i apologize for insulting you, but i still believe that you have a lot to learn. however, i'm not that arrogant, i know i still have a lot to learn too. we all do.

Last edited by reno96teg; 09-29-2006 at 05:45 AM.