Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

In regards to Bush's UN speech yesterday

Old 09-21-2006, 06:30 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duff Man
But they do have oil. They are super powers that influence the rest of the world. We need to listen to them and speak with them. We need to discuss our disagreements and come up with a plan that can better both worlds. This has yet to be done.
We have oil too only certain people do not want us to access it. I would hardly consider Venezuala or Iran a super power. There is one super power right now and that is the US, China is fast becoming as super power but until they are able to project a global military presence they will still be only regional.

I agree we need to discuss with them but they need to come with the olive branch and stop their stupid rhetoric. Neither one deserves anything from the US at this point...well atleast not anything they would like.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:53 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even Charlie Rangel was on today denouncing this guy and saying how much it pissed him off to hear what he said. Charlie f'ing Rangel.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
We have oil too only certain people do not want us to access it. I would hardly consider Venezuala or Iran a super power. There is one super power right now and that is the US, China is fast becoming as super power but until they are able to project a global military presence they will still be only regional.

I agree we need to discuss with them but they need to come with the olive branch and stop their stupid rhetoric. Neither one deserves anything from the US at this point...well atleast not anything they would like.
You threw in the oil card, hence my comment. Iran and Venezuala's alliance together create's a super power. And Venezuala rubbing off Cuba's chubby is even more bothersome. Regardless, this alliance is a super power. A threat that is great enough to overpower our superpower. And this isn't even mentioning the underground alliance of Russia, China, and the well known alliance of North Korea all with Iran.

A few weeks ago, the Bush administration spoke with Russia...a good approach, but not the immediate threat. If we want them to cut off Iran, we need to fill that void. This isn't going to happen.

We need to speak with Iran. We call him shifty, but we are just as shifty. Lets talk and stop ignoring the problem. The US is loosing it's honor and greatening this threat.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:15 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
You threw in the oil card, hence my comment. Iran and Venezuala's alliance together create's a super power. And Venezuala rubbing off Cuba's chubby is even more bothersome. Regardless, this alliance is a super power. A threat that is great enough to overpower our superpower. And this isn't even mentioning the underground alliance of Russia, China, and the well known alliance of North Korea all with Iran.

A few weeks ago, the Bush administration spoke with Russia...a good approach, but not the immediate threat. If we want them to cut off Iran, we need to fill that void. This isn't going to happen.

We need to speak with Iran. We call him shifty, but we are just as shifty. Lets talk and stop ignoring the problem. The US is loosing it's honor and greatening this threat.
Russia is completely different. Vladimir Putin may disagree with some of our policies but he is not a complete ass to President Bush or advocating the destruction of Israel. As soon as Iran complies we should talk. If they do not comply we should bomb. Simple as that.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Russia is completely different. Vladimir Putin may disagree with some of our policies but he is not a complete ass to President Bush or advocating the destruction of Israel. As soon as Iran complies we should talk. If they do not comply we should bomb. Simple as that.
bomb an entire nation...you don't think that they will retaliate? You don't think that neighboring nations with strict islamic faiths will let this fly? You are talking about the apocalypse.

Not to even mention the young and liberal voice of the Iranian people. Remember 9/11? Remember the candle vigils that they held for all of us in the United States after that attack? And once again, not to mention the Libraries, the schools, the urban lifestyle that has escalated in the past decade plus. The Iranian people live a modern capitolist lifestyle. They love american culture and american style. They have a lust for education and knowledge. Bombing...good god, you are talking about genocide...manslaughter...mass murder....this is sick...disgusting. I hold a strong level of respect for you but you are talking about something that is so outlandish and disgusting...this should never be an option.

We need a talk...the people of Iran will listen. One person only holds as much power as they think. The people hold the true power behind government. A publicaly broadcasted discussion of two nations...rational and convincing, will bond two nations. But right now, we have two bratty kids that banter back and forth...they won't even make eye contact in person...they avoid each others presence. This is and will create a recipe for massive destruction.

Last edited by Duff Man; 09-24-2006 at 08:44 PM.