Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Gotta love conspiracy theories

Old 09-19-2006, 06:05 PM
MellowGold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
I love how you didn't acknowledge or respond to any of Tom's points, you just acted as if it was a continuation of the post he responded to.
? I responded to each of his points. I am sorry you do not see that...
Old 09-19-2006, 06:08 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by MellowGold
? I responded to each of his points. I am sorry you do not see that...
My major point was this...

But the biggest difference is that there is a huge majority of Christians that will speak out against that and chastise those that perpetrate it. When was the last time that the Muslim/Islamic community stood up and called for an end to the suicide bombings perpetrated by Palestinians? When was the last time the stood up and repudiated the calling for the death of the Pope? They hada good chance recently. When was the last time a large majority acted against Al Qaeda in Iraq for bombing markets and killing police recruits?

Sure the radicals make up a small percentage of Muslims and I think the majority are peacefull. But their silence at worst makes them complicit or at best scared of reprisals from the majority, either way it leads to a worse impression of Islam and at this point they need to be on a huge PR blitz to make the rest of the world believe them. And not just their words but their actions.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:18 PM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
My major point was this...
And my response was this:

Palestinians believe that Israel is THEIR land. This is hardly religious. It is about historic rights to land. Many Muslims are upset at the Pope because of his comments. Most of them do NOT want the Pope dead. But in all honesty, most are too pissed off to consider defending him. Iraq is a complex situation. It has many variables, one of which is religion...but it is not the only one.
You are comparing apples with oranges. They are two different worlds. I pointed this out.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:39 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Why is it that Christians defend a Pope that has shown that he doesn't understand the message Jesus Christ brought to the world?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

And my response was this:

You are comparing apples with oranges. They are two different worlds. I pointed this out.
And you effectively did not answer my point. Why do the majority of Muslims not speak out against Muslims that perpetrate these acts? They are not different at all and to consider it as such does a great disservice to the real issues.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:57 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
Why is it that Christians defend a Pope that has shown that he doesn't understand the message Jesus Christ brought to the world?
Are you kidding? This has to be one of the dumbest comments in this thread. Where the hell did you get that idea?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
And you effectively did not answer my point. Why do the majority of Muslims not speak out against Muslims that perpetrate these acts? They are not different at all and to consider it as such does a great disservice to the real issues.
Because most of them live in third world countries and are probably a bit busy trying to find food/survive/not get shot for speaking out against the radicals? :dunno:
Old 09-20-2006, 03:17 AM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by Kestrel
Because most of them live in third world countries and are probably a bit busy trying to find food/survive/not get shot for speaking out against the radicals? :dunno:
In addition, our country is known for it's open dialogue. This is not the case in much of the Middle East. Furthermore, I made exceptions to many of your examples...as they did not have to do with Islam.

Palestinians believe that Israel is THEIR land. This is hardly religious. It is about historic rights to land. Many Muslims are upset at the Pope because of his comments. Most of them do NOT want the Pope dead. But in all honesty, most are too pissed off to consider defending him. Iraq is a complex situation. It has many variables, one of which is religion...but it is not the only one.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 AM
ShaolinLueb

religious extremists of all religions make the religion look bad. islam, judism, christianity, buddhism, hinduism to not preach violence and they all teach peace. if you look at the core of islam, judism, and christianity, you cna see they are somewhat the same. they all come from the same place and beliefs.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:39 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

In addition, our country is known for it's open dialogue. This is not the case in much of the Middle East. Furthermore, I made exceptions to many of your examples...as they did not have to do with Islam.
So then why aren't Muslims in this country and other free Democracy's speaking out?

And the majority of your examples have nothing to do with Christianity.

Finally, you still have not answered my question no matter how many times you repost the same response. I take it you do not have an answer but will back them anyway.