Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Gotta love conspiracy theories

Old 09-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love conspiracy theories

http://physics911.net/

check it out
Old 09-19-2006, 07:15 AM
reno96teg

not this again.. :doh:
Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Gotta love this one...

Islam Does Not Support Suicide Attacks

So how do they explain all those Palestinian "martyrs"?

This stuff is such a crock of $hit.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:46 AM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Gotta love this one...

Islam Does Not Support Suicide Attacks

So how do they explain all those Palestinian "martyrs"?

This stuff is such a crock of $hit.
Did you read it? It simply points out that Islam, at it's core, does not support suicide bombings. This is true. It is the same with the bible. The abortion clinic bombers believe that the bible supports their actions, and can point to specific verses that support their claim. You can do the same with the Qu'ran. Please educate yourself on the tenets of Islam before you judge it. It is an old religion with over a millenium of history. The same goes with Christianity.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by MellowGold
Did you read it? It simply points out that Islam, at it's core, does not support suicide bombings. This is true. It is the same with the bible. The abortion clinic bombers believe that the bible supports their actions, and can point to specific verses that support their claim. You can do the same with the Qu'ran. Please educate yourself on the tenets of Islam before you judge it. It is an old religion with over a millenium of history. The same goes with Christianity.
Yes I read it, that is why I posted it. I just find it ironic that Islam is supposed to be the religion of peace yet they perform the most killings in God's or Allah's name. Just look this week when the Pope quoted a Byzantine Emperor about Muhammed spreading Islam by the sword. The religion of peace responded by threatening to kill the Pope.

Do they not realize how stupid, idiotic and dumb they look on TV?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:16 PM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Yes I read it, that is why I posted it. I just find it ironic that Islam is supposed to be the religion of peace yet they perform the most killings in God's or Allah's name. Just look this week when the Pope quoted a Byzantine Emperor about Muhammed spreading Islam by the sword. The religion of peace responded by threatening to kill the Pope.

Do they not realize how stupid, idiotic and dumb they look on TV?
You are speaking of a few people. That hardly consists of the 'Muslim world'.

No, you are right. You know, Christians consider themselves peaceful, but look at the facts! Crusades, abortion clinic bombings, discrimination, elimination of Native American empires, forceful convertions...wow. Christians are bastards.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:38 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by MellowGold
You are speaking of a few people. That hardly consists of the 'Muslim world'.

No, you are right. You know, Christians consider themselves peaceful, but look at the facts! Crusades, abortion clinic bombings, discrimination, elimination of Native American empires, forceful convertions...wow. Christians are bastards.
You just don't get it.

Crusades were done on both sides, Muslim and Christian to claim, reclaim, capture, etc. the Holy Land. That happened centuries ago and is not relevent to today.

When was the last time there was a forceful Christian conversion?

Who was the last native empire that Christians eliminated?

Discrimination? Against who?

When was the last abortion bombing done by Christians?

But the biggest difference is that there is a huge majority of Christians that will speak out against that and chastise those that perpetrate it. When was the last time that the Muslim/Islamic community stood up and called for an end to the suicide bombings perpetrated by Palestinians? When was the last time the stood up and repudiated the calling for the death of the Pope? They hada good chance recently. When was the last time a large majority acted against Al Qaeda in Iraq for bombing markets and killing police recruits?

Sure the radicals make up a small percentage of Muslims and I think the majority are peacefull. But their silence at worst makes them complicit or at best scared of reprisals from the majority, either way it leads to a worse impression of Islam and at this point they need to be on a huge PR blitz to make the rest of the world believe them. And not just their words but their actions.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

crap...I think I may have started a religious war based off an old 911 site.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:08 PM
MellowGold

I do not have a lot of time, so I will have to do this from memory.

The crusades were instigated by the Christians. The Muslims simply retaliated.

Christian conversion? European conquerors that colonized the New World. It was a convert-or-die practice...this is after they killed just about the entire Incan population in Mesoamerica. This is just one example among many in the America's. I would like to throw in the latest example of Muslim domination. The Ottoman Empire. They conquered and....did not convert. Christians, Jews, and Muslims lived freely under their rule...even though the government was 100% Muslim.

Discrimination? Remember slaves and later civil rights violations against African Americans? These were all Christians. KKK? Christians. Gay and lesbian discrimination? Mathew Shepard? Christians...

Abortion bombings? Late 90s, as far as I can remember.

Palestinians believe that Israel is THEIR land. This is hardly religious. It is about historic rights to land. Many Muslims are upset at the Pope because of his comments. Most of them do NOT want the Pope dead. But in all honesty, most are too pissed off to consider defending him. Iraq is a complex situation. It has many variables, one of which is religion...but it is not the only one.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:08 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how you didn't acknowledge or respond to any of Tom's points, you just acted as if it was a continuation of the post he responded to.