Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

NSA Domestic Spying - Judge orders immediate halt

Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NSA Domestic Spying - Judge orders immediate halt

NSA eavesdropping program ruled unconstitutional
Judge orders immediate halt to program

(CNN) -- A federal judge on Thursday ruled that the U.S. government's warrantless wiretapping program is unconstitutional and ordered it ended immediately.

It was only time before this would happen...just one step closer to re-claiming our constitution. Whats next? illegal imprisonment in Gauntanamo Bay? Signing statements? Starting illegal wars?...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/...uit/index.html
Old 08-17-2006, 11:57 AM
qtiger

ACLU FTW, as usual.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:04 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

This sucks. But will only be temporary, the Supreme Court will over rule. It also sucks that the ACLU goes court shopping until they find a court that will rule for em.

I guess some people don't like being safe.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Duff Man

It raises plenty of attention and plenty of issues that the Supreme Court will need to take seriously. This could go either way. People are being wrongfully invesitigated...you can't tell me that this is constitutional.

Last edited by Duff Man; 08-17-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
This sucks. But will only be temporary, the Supreme Court will over rule. It also sucks that the ACLU goes court shopping until they find a court that will rule for em.

I guess some people don't like being safe.
There is a stay in place, so the program is still in effect. I believe that the judge simply wanted to move the case up into the Supreme Court and bring some awareness into the situation. She could have ordered it stopped immediately if she wished.

The legal battle has begun. This will only lead to good. When it comes to issues such as this, the more oversite the better. This is how the government maintains it's balance.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:13 AM
fjm1
G35

Checks and balances.

FWIW if the NSA hasn't figured out who the trouble makers are by now they are pathetic. They've had 5 years of unlimited access.

So, the dog and pony show rolls into town. They make a big fuss for all the Liberals who feel their privacy has been stripped. They achieve a moral victory, but the damage has been done.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by fjm1
Checks and balances.

FWIW if the NSA hasn't figured out who the trouble makers are by now they are pathetic. They've had 5 years of unlimited access.

So, the dog and pony show rolls into town. They make a big fuss for all the Liberals who feel their privacy has been stripped. They achieve a moral victory, but the damage has been done.
meh....in a nutshell...heh (even the dog and pony show comment h: )
Old 08-18-2006, 08:07 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fjm1
I hope this is sarcasm.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
I hope this is sarcasm.
If you only saw the truth...we are mearly a frog floating in a pot of warm water...seconds away from a boiling point. They know, if they heat that water up too quick, we'll jump out and complain...but if you heat it up slowly, kinda like how we don't mind $3.00 a gallon after it was $3.30, we will adapt.

if you want to adapt, let your freedoms, your constitutional rights get stripped from you, be my guest...but not in my country...not in my homeland.

They aren't protecting you...they want you to follow, be instructed, and obey...this is exactly what Hitler preached and practiced. The neo-cons in congress and the senate...individuals like Bill Kristol...want us to invade anyone and anything that defy's us...and if someone in our own country defy's us, they shall be placed at the stake and shot in the name of our country.

This should make anyone sick.

People shouldn't be afraid of their government....their government should be afraid of them. Hence my sig...

BTW, I've used that sig far before V for Vendetta

Last edited by Duff Man; 08-18-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:42 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duff Man
If you only saw the truth...we are mearly a frog floating in a pot of warm water...seconds away from a boiling point. They know, if they heat that water up too quick, we'll jump out and complain...but if you heat it up slowly, kinda like how we don't mind $3.00 a gallon after it was $3.30, we will adapt.

if you want to adapt, let your freedoms, your constitutional rights get stripped from you, be my guest...but not in my country...not in my homeland.

They aren't protecting you...they want you to follow, be instructed, and obey...this is exactly what Hitler preached and practiced. The neo-cons in congress and the senate...individuals like Bill Kristol...want us to invade anyone and anything that defy's us...and if someone in our own country defy's us, they shall be placed at the stake and shot in the name of our country.

This should make anyone sick.

People shouldn't be afraid of their government....their government should be afraid of them. Hence my sig...

BTW, I've used that sig far before V for Vendetta
...move to Canada then.