Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Wire Tapping, Big Brother, Personal Cell Phone records, and stolen elections...

Old 06-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire Tapping, Big Brother, Personal Cell Phone records, and stolen elections...

Thats right folks, stolen elections. I've spoken about this on many occasions. And while my facts left holes, I knew there was truth behind it. And I know that we've beaten this debate to death, we've argued the legality, and could never find a strong enough side to place guilt or disregard guilt on. I want to introduce a new discussion that holds very controversial facts that has, in my opinion, changed and destroyed this countries freedom of privacy.

On November 7th, 2000, over 90 thousand black voters in Florida had thier voting registration rights stolen from them, and non of them knew it. A data-base, operated under a republican group of suits called Choicepoint, flagged and disgarded over 90 thousand black votes. As in all of the 50 states, felons are not allowed to vote. This data base mistook 90 thousand black individuals as fellons. Their names, their profiles, all held vague, but similar characteristics of specific felons that are not allowed to vote. http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=217&row=2 Just recently, the organization was sued by the federal government for $10million for selling personal information to crooks. How this information is not just names, it is Social Security numbers, health history, drivers lisence ID numbers, etc.. http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...ta_breach.html

Big brother is watching, and even though the house and senate never got a data mining bill passed, this administration is in full speed ahead creating a big brother thats larger and further complex then any privacy invading scheme in the history of the world. What will stop organizations like Choicepoint from selling credit history to health insurance companies? How would you like to pay thousands a month because your health insurance company sees what unhealthy foods you purchased with your credit card at the grocery store or what pizza joint to you just spend $50 on or visit every friday? What about how many packs of cigarettes and booze you buy on a regular basis? This is limitless...I know a lot of this last statement is speculation but just think about it. If an organization like Choicepoint can do this, imagine what else they are capable of.

Last edited by Duff Man; 06-06-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Then move to Mexico or Canada, or if you can get to Europe, have fun.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:09 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
Then move to Mexico or Canada, or if you can get to Europe, have fun.
:werd: If you have no faith left in the country, GTFO.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:55 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

CONSPIRACY THEORIES!!!

Nothing more than that.