Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Stock Market

Old 04-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Kavikgold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Market

For the past few years I've invested into NVDA, with great results. Now that (I believe) they are approaching their cap once again, I am looking towards another stock with potential.

I've been delving into many different fiberoptic companies. These companies were the hot pennies a few years back, yet they crashed because of overanticipated projections. Anyways, F.O. are much more reality than two years back, and there's now some good potentional going with this industry. If this thread flys, then I'll be happy to post more specific info.

Let's see what you guys have to say
Old 04-04-2006, 06:46 AM
EX plicit
OH SNAP!

Are you a full time trader or just investing? I personally have never jumped into it even though the interest has always been here. I would not even consider it now though.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:40 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Originally Posted by Kavikgold
For the past few years I've invested into NVDA, with great results. Now that (I believe) they are approaching their cap once again, I am looking towards another stock with potential.

I've been delving into many different fiberoptic companies. These companies were the hot pennies a few years back, yet they crashed because of overanticipated projections. Anyways, F.O. are much more reality than two years back, and there's now some good potentional going with this industry. If this thread flys, then I'll be happy to post more specific info.

Let's see what you guys have to say
Goddman dude you made a fucking killing on NIVIDIA no joke...HOLY SHIT...They are gonna cap...I invest in ATARI and Calpine(penny stocks)...but so far ive made about 20 bucks in a month or so....Go with Berskshire Hathaway :lol: jk......I would suggest Martha Stewart Living(MSO)...just to dabble with...but im gonna stay where im at and see where it goes.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Kavikgold

No, I'm far from being labeled a full-time trader, but I do try when I can.

For those of you who didn't catch it, NVDA split (2 for 1) today. No surprsies really. From what I know, watch this stock. I have a feeling they will dip down for a few months, and then begin their slow incline again. Don't quote me on this though, but I know I'll be watching them and talking with friends over the weekend.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

BK IPO is coming up, might have to jump on that
Old 04-08-2006, 09:12 AM
benjamin
Stuff and things.

When you say "fiber optic" companies, do you mean manufacturers? Bandwidth providers? ILECs and CLECs?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:10 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

I'd start looking at companies that offer BPL (broadband over power lines)...with the ability to offer power, data, voice over one line that'll eliminate the need for dsl, cable, telephone lines, etc. Each outlet is a recepticle (uses the same lines) for everything so no need to rewire and no need to run wiring to dedicated rooms.

Also nanotech companies have fallen by the wayside as for years analysts have been trumpting their cause and people stopped listening...there's a lot of upside but too much hype too early.