Notices

nissan/infinity is hitting honda hard

Old 12-27-2002, 06:55 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bah, the FM platform sucks. The cowl height is like at my chin and I'm 6 feet tall. Personally I like to be able to see over the hood. All the other redeeming qualities of the car (of which there are many) don't matter to me because of the stupid high cowl. But if you have to compare the "quality of the switchgear" to find merit in the CL-S your priorities are a bit wussy.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:00 PM
simphmerj

honda moved ahead of nissan just last year, but nissan was very close to bankrupcty in 98ish...nissan (and renault) deserve props for turning that company around and rebecoming profitable. compare the nissan/infiniti product in 99 and compare it w/ 2003. thats a hell of a change.

h/a has always sold cars w/ a higher factory profit because they have a reputation for reliable solid cars, allowing a slight premium. they also have virtually no discount financing whereas if you're paying interest for a new domestic car, you're getting screwed.

we should all be thankful. the entire industry, even gm, is getting back on track and selling really good cars like mazda 6/protege, subaru, mitsu evo, etc... (well not gm yet, but soon and the new grand am has NO ribbing)

now if only mazda would put the renesis in the miata...so sweet
Old 01-06-2003, 02:57 PM
88Cardrex

Always loved the 300zx myself. anything else made by Nissan or infinity can go spit.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:40 PM
nsxtasy

Originally posted by FastNSX
I think Nissan/Infiniti is in last place among the big three Japanese manufacturers in the U.S. market. The last figures I saw had Toyota/Lexus in first, followed by Honda/Acura. So, if that's 'hitting hard' then they fight like a girl.
Yup. Total number of vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2002:

Toyota/Lexus: 1,756,127
Honda/Acura: 1,247,834
Nissan/Infiniti: 739,525

Source: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._sales_table_3
Old 01-17-2003, 09:18 AM
JonD

my thought..............what does this thread have to do with the NSX:fawk: