Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

1st Half Accord Sales

Old 07-15-2002, 04:38 PM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by zishan

Well you are mistaken. The altima is on a very good brand new platform. the next gen maxima will be on a stretched version of this platform.
:eh: Was the "well, you are mistaken" neccessary?
Old 07-19-2002, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic

:eh: Was the "well, you are mistaken" neccessary?
Old 07-19-2002, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by Honda/NissanFan
I don't think Nissan should make a 2 door Maxima or Altima because that would cut into the Z sales. Like the Accord coupe just destroyed the Prelude. They should make a coupe similar to the Sentra.
The Sentra comes with four doors only.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:43 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with ZMAN on the rolleyes to Shawn :fawk:

Beautiful chart Joel, nice job. The 7th gen will overtake the new Camry IMO, especially since it isn't far behind right now in its dated state.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:10 PM

i think the Camry sales will always stay high. The only reason the Camry sales arent noticeably higher than the Accord is because of the new Camry model and people refrain from buying the 1st yr, and the fact that Accords are in the last model yr of its gen and people are able to get them at good prices. Camry sales will always stay high, even with with competition with higher HP. Look at Toyota now, they don't focus on HP #'s in ANY of their models and their sales continue to increase. With the new Accord pushing 240+?? people will still buy the Camry, many people dont care about power anyway, why do you think 75% of Camry sales are 4cyl??? They could easily get a 4cyl Accord with more 4cyl power, but it really isn't a factor for many of the people interested in buying a midsize sedan.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:18 PM
MugenPower02

Alot of people don't research things like horsepower. They just go out and buy a 4-cylinder Accord or Camry, so horsepower doesn't matter to them.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by MugenPower02
Alot of people don't research things like horsepower. They just go out and buy a 4-cylinder Accord or Camry, so horsepower doesn't matter to them.
:werd: AND, who really cares who has #1 Sales.... why does it really matter???? If you like this car better than that car, or that car over this car then buy WHAT U WANT. "Ohhh noooo Accord beat Camry", or " oh nooo....... people like this car better than that car so i better not buy one. Who gives a F***. if you like it, buy it, end of story. People need to STOP with this competition ****.

Sean
Old 07-21-2002, 09:44 PM

O, BTW..... look at those #'s. The new altima has HP, but does it look like people are buying tons of them??
Old 07-21-2002, 10:17 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

You guys are right that high hp numbers are not the only determining factor for top sales slot. Yes, look at the Altima. High performance but too flashy for the mainstream and lack of quality in the interior. :down:

I like my 6gen Accord EXV6 sedan because of one important factor: the interior. I don't care if the exterior is bland. As long as its not ugly, I'm ok with it. I see more of the interior everyday driving than I do of the exterior.

The Accord has always been a better value than the Camry, more especially if you load it up with options. Toyota even recognized this and started using more option packages instead of al a carte style and lowered the price in the 2002 models. But, the ride style of the Camry is tailored to more older groups than the Accord.

IMO, the Accord has the best balance of plush and sport without going too extreme of the Camry (plushy ride) and the Altima (sport). The 240hp is just icing on the cake and mostly marketing. If Honda would've stuck with just 200hp, magazines would've slammed it for being "behind" of the pack with the new Mazda 6 getting 220hp in a 3.0L and Altima with 240hp in a 3.5L. The extra HP will make people notice, but it is the other advantages that the Accord will be sold on.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:30 AM

Originally posted by kazi
IMO, the Accord has the best balance of plush and sport without going too extreme of the Camry (plushy ride)
Everyone in here is always talking about stock suspension being whatever, but its funny that most people in here drop their cars with a new suspension so that should have nothing to do with it.

Quick Reply: 1st Half Accord Sales