Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

1st Half Accord Sales

Old 07-13-2002, 07:27 PM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by The Apple
I'm surprised at how well the Altima is selling. Nissan only has the capacity to build around 200,000 a year, which eqautes to like 16,500 a month, and according to this list it looks like they're selling as many as they can build.
It's still half of a 5 year old Accord..... :fawk:
Old 07-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Troopa-R

Has anyone else noticed how the Sable's monthly sales have pretty much tripled from January to June?

I'm guessing Mercury's ramping up the fleet sales, but I may be wrong...
Old 07-13-2002, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by Eternal RSXness
Has anyone else noticed how the Sable's monthly sales have pretty much tripled from January to June?

I'm guessing Mercury's ramping up the fleet sales, but I may be wrong...
Nah, it's because of 9/11. All domestic sales have picked up since then because of the rash of patriotism. There are alot more Sables and Tauruses on the road since then, and I wanna barf everytime I one.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:33 PM
95AccordV6

I think it makes more sense to have 2 door Altima than 2 door Maxima. Since it seems to me that right now Nissan is going head to head against Toyota, so Nissan would make a competitor for each Toyota model(at least the successful ones in Toyota family), therefore, it will produce Altima coupe against Solara and Accord coupe. As far as Maxima, it's like a ES300 rival or Avalon rival, and both of these two Toyota's are sedan.

Toyota/Lexus vs. Nissan/Infiniti vs. Honda/Acura

Corolla vs. Sentra vs. Civic
Celica vs. NA vs. RSX
4dr Camry vs. 4dr Altima vs. 4dr Accord
2dr Solara vs. NA vs. 2dr Accord and 3.2CL
Avalon vs. Maxima vs. NA
ES300 vs. I35 vs. 3.2TL
IS300 vs. G35 vs. 3.2TL Type S
GS300 vs. NA vs. 3.5RL
GS430 vs. M45 vs. NA
LS430 vs. Q45 vs. NA
NA vs. 350Z vs. S2000
NA vs. G35 coupe vs. 3.2CL Type S
RAV4 vs. NA vs. CRV
Highlander vs. Murano vs. Pilot
RX300 vs. QX4 vs. MDX
Landcruiser vs. NA vs. NA
LX470 vs. FX45 vs. NA
4Runner vs. Xterra vs. NA
SC430 vs. NA vs. NA
Echo vs. NA vs. NA
Sienna vs. Quest vs. Odyssey
MR-S vs. NA vs. NA
Prius vs. NA vs. Civic hybrid
NA vs. NA vs. NSX

I left out the pickup because I don't remember them.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:49 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

you're chart is very confusing...could you clean it up so i can better understand what it says
Old 07-14-2002, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by 95AccordV6
I think it makes more sense to have 2 door Altima than 2 door Maxima. Since it seems to me that right now Nissan is going head to head against Toyota, so Nissan would make a competitor for each Toyota model(at least the successful ones in Toyota family), therefore, it will produce Altima coupe against Solara and Accord coupe.
I highly doubt that Nissan will make a two-door Altima. Aside from the sportier cars like the 350Z, G35 Sport Coupe, and the Skyline GTR, all of Nissan's cars are sedans. Even the SE-R.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:45 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i will mention that it is nice to see nissan up the ante in the performance department...both nissan and honda have made some very nice and capable sports cars and sedans...honda has been shy in offering greater performance but it doesn't want to mess with its successful formula...if the accord and civic tank then honda may become affordable to one of the big 3
Old 07-14-2002, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by jaje
i will mention that it is nice to see nissan up the ante in the performance department...both nissan and honda have made some very nice and capable sports cars and sedans...honda has been shy in offering greater performance but it doesn't want to mess with its successful formula...if the accord and civic tank then honda may become affordable to one of the big 3
Heh, I don't see that happening either, atleast no time soon. GM could easily buy out Honda, but that would be a dark day for the auto industry. Just thinking of the consequences gives me shivers. :shocked:
Old 07-15-2002, 01:48 PM
zishan

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
I would think that we'd see a 2-door Maxima before we saw a 2-door Altima. The new Altima is based off the Maxima's chassis (if I am not mistaken), and the upcoming 2004 Maxima would be based off a new platform...it just makes more sense.
Well you are mistaken. The altima is on a very good brand new platform. the next gen maxima will be on a stretched version of this platform.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:15 PM
Honda/NissanFan

I don't think Nissan should make a 2 door Maxima or Altima because that would cut into the Z sales. Like the Accord coupe just destroyed the Prelude. They should make a coupe similar to the Sentra.

Quick Reply: 1st Half Accord Sales