Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Honda Civic Type R

Old 12-16-2002, 04:43 PM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by j-bloc
heres the thing, as we all know, the si isn't selling for crap...even dealers uin ny/nj/ct are advertising the new si for under $16k, but peeps still aren't buying them ....honda F U C K 'ed up bad, IMO, they should have stuk the k20 in the current civic coupe, and accordingly adjusted the suspension...it would have meant that if u wnt a 160hp k20 engine, u can get one in either a HB or a coupe, instead of the present situation: a sleek coupe or a very fugly hb....

also, adjusting the suspension, wouldn't be too hard to do since they have the Civic FP package which concentrates mostly on suspension and looks....plus, IMO, the current civic coupe is one of the better looking economy compacts on the road, and w/a few nice aftermarket aesthetic mods, looks killa :thumsup:
It's simple really. The Si isnt that bad of a car. The competition is really good though.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:34 PM
velfarretokyo

I agree with Yianni, the Si is a good car inherently. Unfortunately for that kind of money other automakers have added cars that are just as good or slightly better. I think Honda took its lead for granted and kind of forgot about ppl like us. Bet they were too focused on the next-gen Accord to really give us a worthy Si. All we can hope is that Honda hears our criticism (and that of almost every other car magazine out there) and improve the next generation Civic Si/Integras. I have a feeling the hp-war Honda is in won't end with the Accord. Although the CTR and ITR are great cars now, I wouldn't be too surprised that we got much better performing cars when the Civic and RSX are replaced.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:04 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by velfarretokyo
I agree with Yianni, the Si is a good car inherently. Unfortunately for that kind of money other automakers have added cars that are just as good or slightly better. I think Honda took its lead for granted and kind of forgot about ppl like us. Bet they were too focused on the next-gen Accord to really give us a worthy Si. All we can hope is that Honda hears our criticism (and that of almost every other car magazine out there) and improve the next generation Civic Si/Integras. I have a feeling the hp-war Honda is in won't end with the Accord. Although the CTR and ITR are great cars now, I wouldn't be too surprised that we got much better performing cars when the Civic and RSX are replaced.
Honda doesnt want to join any hp wars, but they will if they loose sales. Honda has some of the best engineers in the world, so they could easily come out on top of a hp war.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:14 PM
j-bloc

Originally posted by yianni64
It's simple really. The Si isnt that bad of a car. The competition is really good though.
I agree wholeheartedly w/you...the thing is, honda has always been abt being better than the competition or ranking along the best(in its relative class), unfotunately, the new si doesn't adhere to this honda axiom
Old 12-16-2002, 07:24 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by j-bloc
I agree wholeheartedly w/you...the thing is, honda has always been abt being better than the competition or ranking along the best(in its relative class), unfotunately, the new si doesn't adhere to this honda axiom
Yup. But they all complain about the same things. I bet you if it had 200hp, a 6spd, lsd and the type r body kit they wouldnt complain about anything.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:29 PM
j-bloc

Originally posted by yianni64
Yup. But they all complain about the same things. I bet you if it had 200hp, a 6spd, lsd and the type r body kit they wouldnt complain about anything.
:stupid:

its funnie u mention those 4 things,esp in that order lol, b/c it seems every review i read abt the si state that if the si had those things, it would be killa....i hear in the Uk peeps luv the civic type R
Old 12-16-2002, 07:35 PM
integboi220

i would hella buy a SI for 16k but too bad i don't have 16k it is a really nice car. IMO it looks better than any other HB on the market
Old 12-16-2002, 07:36 PM
j-bloc

better than the rsx?

or u mean the best loooking hb for 16K?

just curious 2 see what u thought/meant
Old 12-16-2002, 07:41 PM
integboi220

no not better than rsx i meant HB as in focus HB, golf, etc cars like those.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:49 PM
j-bloc

ok cool, i was curious b/c the rsx is a hb, and i think its the best looking hb on the market IMO

but ur rite, i wouldn't mind a new civic si for 16K