Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Another Chevy Performance Truck

Old 11-09-2002, 08:45 PM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sport truck. Oxymoron.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:31 PM
91 EX-R
Say Hi to the Bowtie

This is neither the Silverado SS(6 liter AWD) nor the Sierra C3 (also 6.0 AWD) It's simply called the SS. It should be a good bit more powerful than the Silverado SS. This truck should be a match if not a bit faster than a stock Lightning, The SIlverado SS won't be, and according to GM, was never meant to be. I can see where this can be confusing namewise, they should have called it something other than SS seeing as how they already have another truck with that name.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:41 PM
yianni64

This guy at work just bought a Lightning. I asked him why he did'nt buy a Cobra instead. I pointed out how it cost about the same, and not only is it a lot faster, it handles way better. I just dont get why'd you want to pay that much for a truck.

I think it's a macho thing. Truck + power.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:28 PM
LuckyDog
AccordPower24

I kinda like the new Silverado SS trucks, they actually pull off the Avalanche front nicely. I don't know if I would buy this thing being talked about though. A friend of mine has an 99 F-150 Lariat 3-door, so I guess I can comment on both vehicles here (sorry, no Dodge Ram perspective). The Ford probabily has the better interior, but that's not saying much. I've never driven the F-150, but I like my truck. Honestly, I think they've got enough variants of this thing. It's time for GM to invest in cars (which it is doing). I must say though, the TrailBlazer SS concept from SEMA was attractive.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:07 AM
yianni64

Originally posted by LuckyDog
I kinda like the new Silverado SS trucks, they actually pull off the Avalanche front nicely. I don't know if I would buy this thing being talked about though. A friend of mine has an 99 F-150 Lariat 3-door, so I guess I can comment on both vehicles here (sorry, no Dodge Ram perspective). The Ford probabily has the better interior, but that's not saying much. I've never driven the F-150, but I like my truck. Honestly, I think they've got enough variants of this thing. It's time for GM to invest in cars (which it is doing). I must say though, the TrailBlazer SS concept from SEMA was attractive.
was that the one with the twin turbo inline-6? mang, that thing was so tight. i'd buy it for the engine alone.