Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Saturn Vue Red Line; Green Line break cover

Old 02-07-2007, 11:53 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Saturn Vue Red Line; Green Line break cover

Source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/...ne-green-line/

2008 Saturn Vue Red Line, Green Line launched

Saturn announced two new variants of the completely redesigned 2008 Vue crossover utility at the Chicago Auto Show: the performance-tuned Red Line and the affordable, fuel-saving Green Line hybrid. The Red Line builds on the new Vue's new styling with an aggressive front-end design, including a large, lower air opening and projector beam fog lamps.

The rear of the vehicle features a special fascia, spoiler and chrome exhaust tips. A lowered suspension, 18-inch alloy wheels and Red Line badges complete the performance-inspired appearance.

From a performance perspective, the Red Line comes with standard tap up/tap down transmission control and sport-tuned ride and handling. It is powered by a dual overhead cam 3.6L V-6 VVT engine that delivers 250 horsepower (186 kW) at 6,500 rpm and 243 lb.-ft. (329 Nm) of torque at 4,400 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The Vue Red Line will be available in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.

Interior modifications include a Red Line-only Ebony interior, including black leather sport seats with suede fabric inserts. The vehicle also features Red Line-logo instrument cluster graphics and embroidered floor mats.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Didn't Honda make the motor for the Vue??
Old 02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
Didn't Honda make the motor for the Vue??
For the Red Line, yes... but I don't know whether the J-series is making a return appearance in the new model.

They could just as well use the Opel 3 liter DOHC V6.. :run:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Acura_Crazed

The new Red Line is going to use the 3.6-liter V-6 thats currently in the Cadillac CTS, Buick Enclave, etc.

..guess they got sick of using another companies motor when they could use their own.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...ne_green_line/
Old 02-13-2007, 04:27 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honda needed a small engine a few years ago for the european market, they traded of with GM

they reluctantly gave up the J-series, and dont think they're going to let them have more than they deserved.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Acura_Crazed

...poor Vue. Now it does nothing for me. At least in the past the J-Series made it somewhat reliable.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:04 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by Acura_Crazed
...poor Vue. Now it does nothing for me. At least in the past the J-Series made it somewhat reliable.
reliable j series.... are you joking?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:33 PM
lexusis350

Very nice of Honda to share their engines to desperate automakers. I think a lot of automakers would want the Honda engines in their cars. Lawn mowers now have Honda engines also (Craftsman), they are quiet, reliable and powerful.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:49 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by Acura_Crazed
Originally Posted by sherwood
reliable j series.... are you joking?
Will you two take this to Private Messaging, please? :a:

Old 02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by lexusis350
Very nice of Honda to share their engines to desperate automakers. I think a lot of automakers would want the Honda engines in their cars. Lawn mowers now have Honda engines also (Craftsman), they are quiet, reliable and powerful.
the Sears Craftsman brand uses B&S motors just like 99% of the lawn mower/tractor market, Honda is the only brand that uses Honda engines and to be honest they are quite overpriced.

as far as sharing their engines, the key word is share, Honda needed GM's engine just as bad as they needed Honda's... GM just made a smarter choice of which engine to "borrow"

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Will you two take this to Private Messaging, please? :a:
stop projecting on me. h: