Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Saturn Vue Red Line; Green Line break cover

Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sherwood
the Sears Craftsman brand uses B&S motors just like 99% of the lawn mower/tractor market, Honda is the only brand that uses Honda engines and to be honest they are quite overpriced.

as far as sharing their engines, the key word is share, Honda needed GM's engine just as bad as they needed Honda's... GM just made a smarter choice of which engine to "borrow"

stop projecting on me. h:

Looking at this objectively, you've done more to derail this thread than any other member.

First on some tangent about the J-series motor.. now on some completely unrelated tack about Briggs & Stratton lawn mowers.

It's an exasperating routine... and it'd be lovely if it were to come to an end.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Acura_Crazed

I really like what GM is doing with Saturn... I know the Vue was designed way before the "opelization" of Saturn took place but it seems that they as a division are finally on the right track. They have now completely revamped their entire lineup and it is my opinion that each vehicle that have introduced in this next generation is 100% better than the outgoing vehicle which I cant say for other GM divisions.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 AM
GhettoMax
My other car is also slow

GM's headed in right direction in terms of styling... just hope the rest of the departments are keeping up (fit & finish etc.)

While it was "neat" that the older vue redlines used honda engines and transmissions, GM using its own motors this time around is much better for both GM and Honda IMHO.

I wonder if Saturn has totally ditched the whole dent-proof plastic body parts?

Originally Posted by sherwood
the Sears Craftsman brand uses B&S motors... Honda is the only brand that uses Honda engines...

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=07137704000

Last edited by GhettoMax; 02-14-2007 at 01:10 AM.