Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

07 Sentra

Old 02-15-2006, 03:36 PM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asianautica
On specific handling test, the NSX might get better number, but I'm pretty sure on a race track, the Z06 with big power advantage will win. You can't really compare the interior quality of a car that's 2x the cost of another. It's like comparing an Accord V6 to a LS430. Back to the Sentra, the spec does tell alot about the car in this class. It might not tell you how the car handle, but it does tell you how well equipped it is.
just thought i'd mention, the Z06 starts at $65,690, and the NSX starts at $89,000. not quite twice the price
Old 02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
asianautica

Originally Posted by mayonaise
just thought i'd mention, the Z06 starts at $65,690, and the NSX starts at $89,000. not quite twice the price
Alright, then compare a TL to LS430 then
Old 02-15-2006, 03:50 PM
AcuraFanatic

Yeah, so about that Sentra.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:51 PM
KV_
Shift_for yourself

Originally Posted by MtViewGuy88
By the way, given the 2007 Sentra's design, the Nissan Azeal concept car might be a preview of the Sentra SE-R sports coupé, probably powered by the Nissan Altima's 2.5-liter I-4 engine but with the variable-timing valvetrain used on the new Sentra; the engine could be rated as high as 200 bhp (SAE 08/04 net). Interestingly enough, besides the obligatory six-speed manual the SE-R could still offer a CVT automatic, probably the same Xtronic unit used on the Murano crossover SUV.

The current Se-r already uses the Alt engine which has variable valve timing. I think they will have to do to much to get it to 200bhp (Se-r's with all bolt- ons and ecu are barely at that). Hopefully they will turbo the engine that will come in the new Sentra for the Se-r version. 200bhp won't be enough for 2007, all other competitors have more than that, except the Civic Si.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:42 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by asianautica
On specific handling test, the NSX might get better number, but I'm pretty sure on a race track, the Z06 with big power advantage will win. You can't really compare the interior quality of a car that's 2x the cost of another. It's like comparing an Accord V6 to a LS430. Back to the Sentra, the spec does tell alot about the car in this class. It might not tell you how the car handle, but it does tell you how well equipped it is.
that is where the corvette got every penny into a single handed focus of big engine and power - it's different strokes for different folks...the nsx is a dexterious machine where the viper or z06 is plain brute force (it only gives us enthusiasts more options)
Old 02-15-2006, 09:07 PM
asianautica

Originally Posted by KV_
The current Se-r already uses the Alt engine which has variable valve timing. I think they will have to do to much to get it to 200bhp (Se-r's with all bolt- ons and ecu are barely at that). Hopefully they will turbo the engine that will come in the new Sentra for the Se-r version. 200bhp won't be enough for 2007, all other competitors have more than that, except the Civic Si.
I think Nissan might be abandoning the QR25DE from the current SE-R for the Sentra SE-R. Renault already has a turbo version of the new MR20DE that will be in the base Sentra. It's pushing 225HP. That's my guess for the power plant of the next SE-R.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:30 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Thank you for bringing this back to the Sentra and not NSXes and Corvettes and whatnot.