Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Refreshed 2006 Honda Accord?

Old 05-01-2005, 06:48 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coupes always had red turn signals.

However, my point is that the current Accord has only been out since 2003, and Honda always builds a body style for 4 model years at the minimum. So following that most general of patterns would dictate that a new Accord body style shouldn't show up til the 2007 model year.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:16 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
The Accord was just updated for 2005.

If these spy shots are in fact real, I'd say they are more likely of a 2007 model.
The 05 Accord just got the rear turn signals change to red just like the Accord hybrids. That's about it. It wasn't the typical mid-cycle refresh. 2006 Accord should be get refresh changes.

This is just like the 04 Civics getting the rear taillights change to those jewel like ones that the Civic hybrid got. 05 Civic got a midcycle refresh.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:18 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Coupes always had red turn signals.

However, my point is that the current Accord has only been out since 2003, and Honda always builds a body style for 4 model years at the minimum. So following that most general of patterns would dictate that a new Accord body style shouldn't show up til the 2007 model year.
All Accord and Civics and most of Honda lineups are on a 5 year model cycle now. The 6th gen Accord (1998-2002) was the first to switch to the 5 year cycle. A new Accord won't come until the 2008 model year.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:43 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by kazi
All Accord and Civics and most of Honda lineups are on a 5 year model cycle now. The 6th gen Accord (1998-2002) was the first to switch to the 5 year cycle. A new Accord won't come until the 2008 model year.
Well sure, but I was just saying at the very minimum.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:42 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Well sure, but I was just saying at the very minimum.
It's not just a minimum 4 year model cycle anymore. Honda is using the 5 year model cycle in most of its modern products. 5 years is not the 'minimum'. The latest and more accurate pattern would dictate that a new Accord body style shouldn't show up til the 2008 model year.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:50 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Okay, I understand that, but whatever, if you guys want to keep nitpicking then go ahead. All I was saying was that the new accord won't be out for 2006. Either pattern shows that. Your guys' pattern happens to be more precise, and I know that. I was speaking on the most general level possible as indicated by precedents set in recent (say, within the last 20 years) Honda history.

Let's move on, shall we?

Last edited by MrFatbooty; 05-02-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

i doubt we're gonna see these changes for 06.

New for 05 :
Side curtain airbags and front side airbags are added to DX and LX sedans, and to LX and EX coupes. New wheel cover designs for LX and EX sedans and coupes. Sedans receive a new taillight design and coupes receive illuminated steering wheel controls.

I think the accord is pretty much set until 2008. Ya, the 05 changes arent much, but why would they have wasted that much money for a single year of changes?

In the past, Honda has changed very little on some models, i.e 98-99 prelude. All that changed then was the grill, and keyless entry system.

If however, the 06 does get even more of an update.. i dont see why they just didnt wait till 06 with the 05 changes. if that makes sense.

sean
Old 05-02-2005, 05:40 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Samson
i doubt we're gonna see these changes for 06.

New for 05 :
Side curtain airbags and front side airbags are added to DX and LX sedans, and to LX and EX coupes. New wheel cover designs for LX and EX sedans and coupes. Sedans receive a new taillight design and coupes receive illuminated steering wheel controls.

I think the accord is pretty much set until 2008. Ya, the 05 changes arent much, but why would they have wasted that much money for a single year of changes?

In the past, Honda has changed very little on some models, i.e 98-99 prelude. All that changed then was the grill, and keyless entry system.

If however, the 06 does get even more of an update.. i dont see why they just didnt wait till 06 with the 05 changes. if that makes sense.

sean
They do that kind of stuff almost every year, Samsy...why don't you think that Honda will try to change the styling of the Accord to jump start its sagging sales? It hasnt done this poorly in a long ass time. And as many others have stated, the Accord is on a five year model cycle. The changes would be good for MY2006 and 2007. Honda typically does a refresh on the fourth year. And no, your last comment didn't make sense, because those are all minor changes that Honda sprinkles throughout the generational updates.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
They do that kind of stuff almost every year, Samsy...why don't you think that Honda will try to change the styling of the Accord to jump start its sagging sales? It hasnt done this poorly in a long ass time. And as many others have stated, the Accord is on a five year model cycle. The changes would be good for MY2006 and 2007. Honda typically does a refresh on the fourth year. And no, your last comment didn't make sense, because those are all minor changes that Honda sprinkles throughout the generational updates.
I understand... but then why didn't honda do a better refresh for the 05 MY? if its sales are so poor...?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:53 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally Posted by Samson
I understand... but then why didn't honda do a better refresh for the 05 MY? if its sales are so poor...?
The 05 model year wasn't a refresh.