Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Refreshed 2006 Honda Accord?

Old 04-11-2005, 07:02 PM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting. Seeing a Honda prototype is very rare indeed if
this is one, and it looks too far along to be a 2007. I kind of like what I
can see of it.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:16 PM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

Posted in another thread in this section:
"A freshened-up version of the Accord also will be available by the end of the year, sooner than originally planned. "
There you go.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:56 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by scanrps
"A freshened-up version of the Accord also will be available by the end of the year, sooner than originally planned. "
There you go.
yes, but unfortunately, that information doesn't come from honda, and it doesn't conclusively prove anything about what is in these pictures.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:56 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by M Type X
Hey buddy! Watch who you talkin 'bout! :nono:
I did see your name, and should've included a disclaimer! LOL. Sorry.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Troopa-R

Originally Posted by mayonaise
yes, but unfortunately, that information doesn't come from honda, and it doesn't conclusively prove anything about what is in these pictures.
Which is what makes this an Automotive Rumor. For all we know, that could be a custom rear end job, but that side profile does look very much like the Accord and the rear does have a lot of similarities to the Civic Si Concept and more recent Honda designs. I don't think anyone thinks it's more than speculation.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:27 AM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally Posted by scanrps
There you go.
Sooner than planned? What? When it comes out at the end of the year, it'll be a 2006 model, the 4th year model run. The last generation had a refresh on the 4th year model run that came out at the end of the third year just like it is now.

1-1998.....new model year......2003
2-1999..small changes if any...2004
3-2000..small changes if any...2005
4-2001......refresh model........2006
5-2002...last year model run...2007
Old 04-12-2005, 04:30 AM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

is the 7th gen accord slated for a four of five year run?
the 4th and 5th gen accords were on four year cycles, so why is it wrong to consider that they might do the same with another generation?
With a few exceptions, most Hondas after 1998 model year has switched to a 5 year model lifecycle with a refresh on the 4th year of that model cycle run.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Cardm2E

Default What Honda really needs to do...

The current Accord isn't hideous but Honda sure could've done a lot better considering the looks of the 4th & 5th gen Accords. I didn't think the 5th gen Accord looked dated but it could have used an injection of sport. The engines needed more power, the V6 needed a stick, the steering needed a quicker ratio and the suspension needed thicker sway bars. They should quit trying to hide the exhaust (I have the V6 w/dual mufflers and Honda tucked them close and painted them flat black) and the exhaust system could've been designed better from engine to exhaust tip.
For 2006, I'm hoping they do add more power but I'm not holding my breath, I don't recall Honda ever making any improvement to engine power mid-generation. The headlights aren't that bad, it's just that they don't match the hood, fenders or front valance/air dam area. And I don't think anyone likes the hood or air dam area. The hood is bland the area under the "grille" is ugly and needs to be totally redesigned with integrated fog lights. The rear end is way too Buick-like for my tastes. They need to start over or at least change the part that goes into the rear fenders (of course that would require new fenders, doubtful). Most of the wheel styles have been (yaw!) boring. They ideally need to mate a stick to the V6 in the sedan or at least add a manumatic. One thing that no one else may care about is why the heck can't Honda put a split folding back seat in the sedan? The gauges look ugly and lack sportiness too. I sure hope some of the rumors I've read about are true but, Honda rarely listens to the public when they think about changing a vehicle.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:43 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The Accord was just updated for 2005.

If these spy shots are in fact real, I'd say they are more likely of a 2007 model.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:49 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
The Accord was just updated for 2005.
The sedan was, but I don't see much of an update on the coupe - except for solid red rear turnsignals as opposed to the amber if that was in fact the update. I'm not even sure if the 03-04s had amber turnsignals.