View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Cardm2E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Honda really needs to do...

The current Accord isn't hideous but Honda sure could've done a lot better considering the looks of the 4th & 5th gen Accords. I didn't think the 5th gen Accord looked dated but it could have used an injection of sport. The engines needed more power, the V6 needed a stick, the steering needed a quicker ratio and the suspension needed thicker sway bars. They should quit trying to hide the exhaust (I have the V6 w/dual mufflers and Honda tucked them close and painted them flat black) and the exhaust system could've been designed better from engine to exhaust tip.
For 2006, I'm hoping they do add more power but I'm not holding my breath, I don't recall Honda ever making any improvement to engine power mid-generation. The headlights aren't that bad, it's just that they don't match the hood, fenders or front valance/air dam area. And I don't think anyone likes the hood or air dam area. The hood is bland the area under the "grille" is ugly and needs to be totally redesigned with integrated fog lights. The rear end is way too Buick-like for my tastes. They need to start over or at least change the part that goes into the rear fenders (of course that would require new fenders, doubtful). Most of the wheel styles have been (yaw!) boring. They ideally need to mate a stick to the V6 in the sedan or at least add a manumatic. One thing that no one else may care about is why the heck can't Honda put a split folding back seat in the sedan? The gauges look ugly and lack sportiness too. I sure hope some of the rumors I've read about are true but, Honda rarely listens to the public when they think about changing a vehicle.