Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Nissan Skyline (or Infiniti?) GT-R spy shots and rumors

Old 05-27-2005, 12:01 PM
asianautica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not even an exterior prototype. It's just a G35c shell that got modified to fit the mechanical underpinning of the next GT-R. So I wouldn't look much into this for clues on how it'll look. But w/ those fender flares, you can probably guess that it'll probably be wider and have much larger tires than the current G35.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:37 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Lol.
I'm just glad no one decided to flame me for what I put here. I was just kind of feeling like saying what I felt like.

I have to admit, that if the GT-R doesn't get it's own body, I will be a little disapointed. I mean sure an improved Skyline type driveline would make it pretty badass, but doesn't it seem like it's going downhill? I mean this is the legend itself. But to many people it might just seem like a hyped up 350
Old 05-28-2005, 01:24 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The GT-R was always "just a hyped up Skyline coupe."

The Infiniti G35 is the American-market name for the Nissan Skyline.

So an Infiniti GT-R in the form of "just a hyped up G35 coupe" would be exactly like the GT-R used to be, not going downhill.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:56 PM
95AccordV6

How much longer do we need to wait for this GTR? Rumor about this rumor about that....enough......just make the car and sell it, who cares if it is Infiniti or Nissan? What is wrong with all these Japanese automakers? When they are trying to sell a new popular high sales model, it can come out in one or two years, they just suddenly pop out into the market without many rumors. But when they are trying to sell these so called "niche" super high performance low sales model, you need to wait and wait and wait for eight frikking years.......I just want to see the production GTR, NSX, Supra, RX-7 replacement, no more spy shots and concepts and stuff.....pllllllllllease......
Old 05-28-2005, 06:37 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm hoping that the gtr will look more agressive than that, hopefully the wider stance will be spread out on the entire body as so it wont be as boxy :flamesuit: as the g35 is now....
brand concious:
"i would think lexus owns toyota..."
~ my cousin
"what do you mean my tl (98) is just a fancy honda, they are two completely separate things"
~unnamed person who poked at my accord for some reason :dunno:
Old 05-28-2005, 07:13 PM
zishan

well..it'll be a 2008 model. So even if it does look like a wide body g35 coupe....it'll look like the next generation wide body g35 coupe. The g35 is due for a redesign in 07. The people that are saying that this is just a test mule for the engine, suspension, etc, are correct. Do not look at these pics as hints to what the gt-r will look like.