Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

Old 01-05-2005, 04:22 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

(click for bigger pic)

We knew it was coming. In its first generation the Viper roadster spawned a GTS Coupe in 1996. The second-gen supercar will get one as well, in the form of the 2006 Viper SRT-10.

The SRT-10 has the same numbers as the roadster: 500/500/500 (or more) for 505 cubic inches, 500 horsepower and 525 pound-feet of torque. Ninety percent of the torque is available between 1500 and 5600 rpm. With this all, the aluminum 8.3-liter V-10 will let the Viper fly from 0-60 mph in less than 4 seconds and do 0-100-0 mph in the low 12-second range. The power is transferred to the rear wheels via a heavy-duty six speed stick shift, while the Brembo brakes have large rotors and anti-lock control. The coupe is equipped with Michelin run-flat tires with a low-pressure monitoring system in the cockpit.

The construction of the Coupe has an even higher torsional stiffness than the convertible and the aerodynamics have been designed for more down force at higher speeds.

The SRT-10 Coupe shares only the front fascia and fenders, hood and doors with the Convertible. In addition to the new canopy and decklid, the car has a special windshield surround, door side glass, rear fascia, quarter panels, and taillights. The decklid offers a low lift-over height for stowing luggage. Trunk space of 6.25 cubic feet is more than before (4 cu ft).

Its racing mission has influenced the SRT-10 Coupe's interior design as well. The double-bubble roofline provides enough space to wear a helmet and the roof and headliner offer enough room to install a safety cage without losing too much headroom.

The new Dodge will arrive in dealerships this fall and will initially be available in Viper Blue with double-white racing stripes, as seen previously on the 1996 Dodge Viper GTS.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7894
Old 01-05-2005, 04:29 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Not that I'll ever own one, but I wish they would use some Carbon Fiber in the Viper instead of in the Magnum.
It looks good on the outside.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:54 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I wish they made more of a fastback profile to the roof like the original Viper GTS. This one, at least in the one picture that I found, seems to look more like a simple hardtop version of the roadster. I think the original GTS has better propotions.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ViperGTS.jpg (52.7 KB, 135 views)
Old 01-05-2005, 03:19 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

While I agree with you about the rear window angle, I still think the 2nd gen Viper is quite an improvement in design over the original. Come to think of it, the current SRT-10 Competition Coupe has a much more sculptural rear window line. h:

Make mine black, and hold the stripes.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Ochdx

pwnz