Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2003 NSX 4.0l VTEC V8

Old 09-08-2002, 09:54 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by yianni64

Becuase they have a V8 in CART.
:werd:
Old 09-09-2002, 07:58 PM
qtiger

Default Re: NSX V8!!!!!

Originally posted by rsx-s02
I work for a Northern California Acura Dealer and I have been told by an Acura Rep that No V8 is in the near future for Acura.
Never believe a rep from anyone. Most of them are outside "talent" anyway... companies bid on rep contracts and guess what, the lowest bidder gets it. Reps never know if they are going to have a job after a year, typically have no actual ties to the company, and as such never get any inside contacts or actual knowledge. They're trained for a couple of weeks and then drop-shipped to your dealership, where they show you a couple of Powerpoint presentations and answer any questions they don't know with 'I'll get back to you about that,' knowing full well that they won't be your rep in ~3-5 months.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:17 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Default Re: Re: NSX V8!!!!!

Originally posted by qtiger

Never believe a rep from anyone. Most of them are outside "talent" anyway... companies bid on rep contracts and guess what, the lowest bidder gets it. Reps never know if they are going to have a job after a year, typically have no actual ties to the company, and as such never get any inside contacts or actual knowledge. They're trained for a couple of weeks and then drop-shipped to your dealership, where they show you a couple of Powerpoint presentations and answer any questions they don't know with 'I'll get back to you about that,' knowing full well that they won't be your rep in ~3-5 months.
Good summary.

Yeah reps don't know anything. Until I hear a cheif engineer for Honda come out and say they are working on producing a production version of a V8 then I will get my hopes up. Till then I will still believe that we will see AWD IMA first, starting with the next gen NSX.
Old 09-10-2002, 03:48 PM
AcuraFanatic

We can pretty much put any hope to pasteur about there being a V8 within the next five years or so. I think I remember Dick Colliver stating that a V8 is simply not their style. Given the R&D time of about three years, and then including in a model of choice, it'll be a while before we see a Honda or Acura with a "V8" next to it's model name.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:25 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
We can pretty much put any hope to pasteur about there being a V8 within the next five years or so. I think I remember Dick Colliver stating that a V8 is simply not their style. Given the R&D time of about three years, and then including in a model of choice, it'll be a while before we see a Honda or Acura with a "V8" next to it's model name.
I think Dick has made it very cleary by stating we wont be seing a v8, and then an IMA sports car could be in the works, than the next NSX will be IMA.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:02 PM
s2ktonv

Originally posted by yianni64

Arent you in love with S2000's? Go open the hood man, youll see the engine is behind the centerline of the front wheels. So yes, its a fuggin mid engine, your just used to seeing mid engine cars that have the engine behind the drivers, not infront. Sure, if you look at most overviews of the S2000, they say its a front-engine, which again it techinally is. But if the engine itself is between the centerline of the wheels, its a mid engine by definition.

And wtf does its engine being anywhere have to do with it being RWD. Rear wheel drive, of course it is. Who said it wasnt?
FWD
Old 10-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Falkon
still alive

ON ANOTHER NOTE. If the DualNote has the interior it seems to, I want it NOOOOOOOOOWWWWW! That has to be one of the greatest looking cockpits I could ever see in a Honda. I bet it would look just as cool as a manual.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:36 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by Falkon
ON ANOTHER NOTE. If the DualNote has the interior it seems to, I want it NOOOOOOOOOWWWWW! That has to be one of the greatest looking cockpits I could ever see in a Honda. I bet it would look just as cool as a manual.
As with many concpet cars, if it makes it into production itll have a very similar feel, but it wont be as crazy. It's very driver oriented, i like it.