Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   News & Rumors Archives (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/news-and-rumors-archives-49/)
-   -   2003 Accord Pictures (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/news-and-rumors-archives/11767-2003-accord-pictures.html)

yianni64 07-31-2002 11:12 AM

Originally posted by DVPGSR
Is that wood stock or aftermarket...it looks decent but the radio, layout of dash, and gagues still looks bad.
I'm not really a fan of wood trim . But that looks pretty good. But yeah, basically the wood trim is the last thing I think about as far as the interior goes.

kazi 07-31-2002 11:17 AM

Originally posted by KV_

I did say the Accord interior was top notch, but the Alt interior isn't just horrific like people try to make it seem especially if they never even sat in one.

I sat in one and took a test drive in an Altima with dark grey interior and the wood trim. It was horrible. The wood trim layout looks way out of place with the cumbersome center stack layout. The instrument panel piece looked awful and had not flow design. The plastic had a cheapness feel on the texture. I haven't seen one review that does not say anything negative about the Altima's interior.

vasu 07-31-2002 12:41 PM

photoshop a coupe with a back spoiler anyone? :)

iNteGraz92 07-31-2002 01:03 PM

wow that wood trim on the altima is HORRIBLE
maybe it would look better if the wood wasn't so damn red

yianni64 07-31-2002 03:10 PM

Originally posted by kazi

I sat in one and took a test drive in an Altima with dark grey interior and the wood trim. It was horrible. The wood trim layout looks way out of place with the cumbersome center stack layout. The instrument panel piece looked awful and had not flow design. The plastic had a cheapness feel on the texture. I haven't seen one review that does not say anything negative about the Altima's interior.

Interior is really important to me, jsut as important as the outside styling. What do we look at while we drive, the interior infornt of us, and I think its really important to have a good layout. My 240SX's isnt that bad for a car from 1996, the seats are nice and so is the layout. The gauges are cool (SE model) but the led's on the HVAC system are hard to see. Not to mention the headroom blows.

fastball 07-31-2002 06:56 PM

So, the Accord is now a formidable contender in world class design, able to be mentioned in the same breath as BMW, VW, and Audi. This is the beginning of a new vehicle revolution, if you ask me. When was the last time a car in the low $20k range contended with cars costing twice as much? Kudos, Honda.

07-31-2002 07:10 PM

Originally posted by fastball
So, the Accord is now a formidable contender in world class design, able to be mentioned in the same breath as BMW, VW, and Audi. This is the beginning of a new vehicle revolution, if you ask me. When was the last time a car in the low $20k range contended with cars costing twice as much? Kudos, Honda.
Um....no. You mean BMW as in 3 series $27k, VW as in Passat $21k up, and Audi as in A4 which costs $24k up. Those cars arent very expensive low 20k's -high 30's ...so theyre not any more $ than the accord. You would need to choose the most fully loaded EX V6 which will come close to $26k and up . that makes it mid-high $20k. So thats nothing to brag about, they cost the same, and just brings the accord down, since those vehicles offer some distinct features. :rolleyes: The most fully loaded camry costs $31,484. and no, thats not a misprint.

fastball 07-31-2002 07:22 PM

Originally posted by 94UhkorGuy

Um....no. And anyway... for a car close to those listed above, you would need to choose the most fully loaded EX V6 which will come close to $26k . that makes it mid-high $20k

I was speaking in terms of fit, finnish, textures, and build quality. If you read the press list links they have aimed at BMW 5 series, MB, and the like in terms of fit and finnish. You can see in the pictures that it is for sure on par with any car costing ten grand more, it blows away anything in it's class and below, and has a touch of Lexus seamless fit where the center pod meets the dashboard. Having said that, the $18,000 DX model has the same fit and finnish as the $26,000 EX V-6, and they both approach cars costing twice as much.

yianni64 07-31-2002 07:25 PM

I was speaking in terms of fit, finnish, textures, and build quality. If you read the press list links they have aimed at BMW 5 series, MB, and the like in terms of fit and finnish. You can see in the pictures that it is for sure on par with any car costing ten grand more, it blows away anything in it's class and below, and has a touch of Lexus seamless fit where the center pod meets the dashboard. Having said that, the $18,000 DX model has the same fit and finnish as the $26,000 EX V-6, and they both approach cars costing twice as much.

:werd: I wrote my reply as you were, and by time I posted you already had. So I didnt wanna sound like a parrot. But yeah, exactly what you said.

07-31-2002 07:30 PM

ah.... the same can be read/said about the fit and finish of the new camry. :rolleyes: Hondas always been known for cheap interior plastics etc... and its about time their doing something about it.