Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura TL A-SPEC Concept Vehicle To Be Displayed at Los Angeles Auto Show

Old 12-30-2003, 10:07 PM
rb6teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They've also said that the FWD HP limit is 300........so maybe we'll see AWD in this A-Spec kit? :dunno:
Old 12-31-2003, 02:30 AM
jason bouchard

Originally posted by rb6teg
They've also said that the FWD HP limit is 300........so maybe we'll see AWD in this A-Spec kit? :dunno:

wait who said 300 hp is the FWD limit ???

for the TL or for FWD in general?
because that def isnt true IMO
Old 12-31-2003, 09:27 AM
rb6teg

Originally posted by jason bouchard
wait who said 300 hp is the FWD limit ???

for the TL or for FWD in general?
because that def isnt true IMO
Honda said it themselves.......that their cars can only handle up to 300 HP before they have to switch to either AWD or RWD. They were talking about Acura in particular....the next RL.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:03 AM
jason bouchard

intresting . . . but they need to look at some of the cars we all have came up with before they make 300 hp the limit . . .
Old 12-31-2003, 12:15 PM
GSRacer93
He's so hot rite now

that car looks american to me. maybe they meant 300hp is the limit for FF due to safety laws or some kind of street regulations?
Old 01-02-2004, 07:40 PM
frank69m

Can anyone say, "Outerspace"?? One ugly car.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:33 PM
sunno2

I would buy this car in a hearbeat just like it is!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:42 AM
Ecnocyte04
This too shall pass..

Those seats look way comfy! And that would be a great back seat to make out in! TL in AWD would be REALLY nice though, or RWD for that matter.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:28 PM
A03

The red seats and blue dash are definitly a big styling conflict. If the whole interior were grey/black/silver it would look sharp inside. This car is not a ferrari, or a sports car.. it's a sports sedan. Besides the color alone, the way they laid it out looks like the interior came in black/grey and someone just popped in some bright red seats.. the color does not flow through the whole car, so what good it is? Maybe I am blind to style, but that SOB is UGLY.

As for the outside, it looks like a regular TL that you would see parked or rollin in da' hood. Those rims are definitly not appealing to the target buying group for this type of car. The folks that buy that kind of shit (huge chrome rims) are either putting them on cheap old buicks/caprices, or they have so much money they just buy the big benz or 760 bimmer. Looking like that, this car will be a flop no matter what rests under the skin. Probably the worst styling I've seen out of the modern Acura/Honda yet. (by modern I mean 'of my time as a driver')

What do you all think the majority target group of the TL is? I'd say 25-40 white or asian males. I am just guessing, but I can't see who this car is going to appeal to in that trim.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:11 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A03
The red seats and blue dash are definitly a big styling conflict. If the whole interior were grey/black/silver it would look sharp inside. This car is not a ferrari, or a sports car.. it's a sports sedan. Besides the color alone, the way they laid it out looks like the interior came in black/grey and someone just popped in some bright red seats.. the color does not flow through the whole car, so what good it is? Maybe I am blind to style, but that SOB is UGLY.

As for the outside, it looks like a regular TL that you would see parked or rollin in da' hood. Those rims are definitly not appealing to the target buying group for this type of car. The folks that buy that kind of shit (huge chrome rims) are either putting them on cheap old buicks/caprices, or they have so much money they just buy the big benz or 760 bimmer. Looking like that, this car will be a flop no matter what rests under the skin. Probably the worst styling I've seen out of the modern Acura/Honda yet. (by modern I mean 'of my time as a driver')

What do you all think the majority target group of the TL is? I'd say 25-40 white or asian males. I am just guessing, but I can't see who this car is going to appeal to in that trim.
It's a concept, not production. Obviously all of the garish stuff will never see the light of day just like every other Honda performance concept.