Old 01-28-2004, 07:11 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A03
The red seats and blue dash are definitly a big styling conflict. If the whole interior were grey/black/silver it would look sharp inside. This car is not a ferrari, or a sports car.. it's a sports sedan. Besides the color alone, the way they laid it out looks like the interior came in black/grey and someone just popped in some bright red seats.. the color does not flow through the whole car, so what good it is? Maybe I am blind to style, but that SOB is UGLY.

As for the outside, it looks like a regular TL that you would see parked or rollin in da' hood. Those rims are definitly not appealing to the target buying group for this type of car. The folks that buy that kind of shit (huge chrome rims) are either putting them on cheap old buicks/caprices, or they have so much money they just buy the big benz or 760 bimmer. Looking like that, this car will be a flop no matter what rests under the skin. Probably the worst styling I've seen out of the modern Acura/Honda yet. (by modern I mean 'of my time as a driver')

What do you all think the majority target group of the TL is? I'd say 25-40 white or asian males. I am just guessing, but I can't see who this car is going to appeal to in that trim.
It's a concept, not production. Obviously all of the garish stuff will never see the light of day just like every other Honda performance concept.