Notices

i am going riding...

Old 09-27-2007, 03:55 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i am going riding... (went riding, updates)

i always complain that i dont have anybody to ride with....
there is a guy i knew from my old job (which i am working right now until i land in my new job) that has been riding for longer than i have been alive.... i was talking to him and he is going to take a whole day off so we can ride. he said he will get me used to riding and wants to use a whole day so that we can get a good ride in.

super excited

Last edited by ISP James; 10-02-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Damn dude. Sounds like a nice guy
Old 09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

yeah he is super cool. he is a pretty selfless guy but i think i might have to take some ball busting from him too. i told him "my top speed is like 45 mph" he goes "ill fix that problem for you"

but man, you have to be a pretty decent guy to take a day off of work to go ride with somebody that your only relationship with is through the credit union where you have your accounts just so he has somebody to ride with ... this is something ill have to remember until the day when i can return the favor by helping some noob rider that i dont know that well
Old 09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool, let us know how it goes
Old 09-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Megatron
TF-Plasticrack Crew

Originally Posted by ISP James
but man, you have to be a pretty decent guy to take a day off of work to go ride with somebody that your only relationship with is through the credit union where you have your accounts just so he has somebody to ride with ... this is something ill have to remember until the day when i can return the favor by helping some noob rider that i dont know that well
That dude sounds awesome.

I chalk it up to the general sense of fellowship between riders. We all share the same dangers, regardless of what we ride.

Tell us how it goes!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

meetin up with the dude at a shopping center near my house tomorrow morning at 10:00.... slightly nervous cuz i think he might push me to increase my comfort level, slightly excited to get out and ride.

100% hoping not to freeze my ass off h:
Old 10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Just dont push yourself too much
Old 10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by nicokpe
tell us more, looks awesome
fuck you, noob. you are too new here to talk shit :gtfo: 5 posts? please.

Originally Posted by darkstarr
Just dont push yourself too much
yeah i think he will respect that i am a new rider and not push me past my comfort level but maybe just kinda encourage me...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by ISP James
yeah i think he will respect that i am a new rider and not push me past my comfort level but maybe just kinda encourage me...
Cool, long as you don't come back like ground beef

It sucks pushing yourself beyond your skill level to keep up with someone probably going beyond their skill level, when I veered into the opposite lane around a bend I just said screw that I'll catch up on a straight.

I met up with some older guy at a stoplight on a 10yr old Ducati and he said to follow him through some twisties and gave me some pointers. Thats the kind of riding I appreciate, not the riding in the first paragraph.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by darkstarr
Cool, long as you don't come back like ground beef

It sucks pushing yourself beyond your skill level to keep up with someone probably going beyond their skill level, when I veered into the opposite lane around a bend I just said screw that I'll catch up on a straight.

I met up with some older guy at a stoplight on a 10yr old Ducati and he said to follow him through some twisties and gave me some pointers. Thats the kind of riding I appreciate, not the riding in the first paragraph.
yeah i have a couple of friends taht came in from buffalo a couple of times to ride with me. it was nice cuz they had me lead and we rode where i was comfortable to ride, at speeds i was comfortable to ride at. i never felt like i had to keep up or do anything i wasnt comfy with to stay with them. hopefully this guy takes the same approach or i will have to call the day short h: