Notices

so it was 42 this morning.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 AM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so it was 42 this morning.

time to seriously look into some colder weather gear. I picked up a jacket last week cause the local yamaha shop where I get my parts had them on sale. So my head chest and arms were toasty but everything was borderline frostbite. I definetly need some better gloves, I've looked around the web but it so hard to shop for gear online. Any of you guys have gloves that are fairly warm have some sort of integrated knucle guards and don't look like they just came off the race track? I could also use some sort of small windproof scarf. I wear this stuff to work so I am trying to find stuff that looks fairly reasonable.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:23 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Originally Posted by bnuk
time to seriously look into some colder weather gear. I picked up a jacket last week cause the local yamaha shop where I get my parts had them on sale. So my head chest and arms were toasty but everything was borderline frostbite. I definetly need some better gloves, I've looked around the web but it so hard to shop for gear online. Any of you guys have gloves that are fairly warm have some sort of integrated knucle guards and don't look like they just came off the race track? I could also use some sort of small windproof scarf. I wear this stuff to work so I am trying to find stuff that looks fairly reasonable.
For gloves I would go to your local store and try shit on. You want those to fit PERFECTLY otherwise it will irritate you. Look into Alpinestars. I have a pair of winter gloves that are VERY warm, but no knuckle protection.

As for the scarf, just put on a bandanna (thief style) and it will help with wind on your neck.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:57 AM
bnuk

yeah I see guys with the bandanas. It makes me laugh though cause these guys will be out with no helmet in the cold or rain with a bandanna over their face, the glasses and another bandanna over their head.

It's like they are thinking "man if there was just some sort of thing I could put over my whole head to keep the cold and rain out and maybe some sort of window in the front so I can see through it."
Old 09-17-2007, 08:32 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya on the cold weather. Saturday I took a trip to IUP with a friend, and let me tell you how freaking cold it was! Okay well Im not gonna tell you the whole thing but lets just say it LITERALLY took me a full two hours after I got home (including a hot shower) to get my body temperature back to normal. After I get some more money I am definetly getting cold weather gear.

Also.. does a full face keep your face warmer than a 3/4 shell? My lower face is always freezing!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

A full face will keep everything but you neck/lower chin warm. Hence the bandanna for your neck.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:45 AM
bnuk

yeah as long as you don't have to crack the sheild to prevent fogging a full face will keep keep your noggin pretty warm. I'm going by the bike shop wednesday to pick up a master link, I will probably pick up set of gloves while I am there. Hopefully the jacket gloves and the bandana should be enough to get me down to 40 or so. My legs get pretty cold but I don't really see a whole lot I can do about that.

Last edited by bnuk; 09-17-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Megatron
TF-Plasticrack Crew

Originally Posted by bnuk
My legs get pretty cold but I don't really see a whole lot I can do about that.
How about a pair of over-pants?

http://tourmaster.com/xcart/product....uctid=54&cat=4

As for protecting the neck, I was wondering if one of these would work:

http://www.summithut.com/catalog/rem...r/1/pfid/2954/

Or

http://www.rei.com/product/659704

or

http://www.rei.com/product/725049

^this one's only $14. I might give it a try.

Last edited by Megatron; 09-17-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:39 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i was gonna suggest one of those hoods ^^^ you can get a decent neoprene one at a ski shop or someplace like EMS or gander mtn. dicks sporting goods etc.... that will keep you warm if its wet out or from the wind.

i always thought the bandanas were to keep bugs off the face and out of the mouth h:
Old 09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
bnuk

yeah I'm trying not to look like a terrorist when I walk into work...

I went to the shop but wasn't really thrilled with what they had. pretty much like any other winter gloves. I did find these on ebay. (Olympia 4370 Cold Throttle glove) Anyone heard of the brand? Pretty much every glove I buy is med so they should fit.

Last edited by bnuk; 09-17-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Never heard of that brand before.