Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gauntlet style? yes.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you guys use guantlet style for your summer gloves?

Yeah I think I will definetly get some over-pants. I'd let to get some that zip down the sides and have some type of protection over the knees. for now I'm just putting some big cargos over my jeans when it gets below 50.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Megatron
TF-Plasticrack Crew

Originally Posted by bnuk
do you guys use guantlet style for your summer gloves?
:no:

For warm weather, I use a Tourmaster mesh glove made with a synthetic suede palm. I tuck the glove into my jacket, and then snug it down with the jacket's cuff velcro.

As far as cold weather, the riding season is winding down at my location. It's getting too cold to ride for my noob tastes. 40 degree mornings & less than 40 degree evenings.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by Megatron

As far as cold weather, the riding season is winding down at my location. It's getting too cold to ride for my noob tastes. 40 degree mornings & less than 40 degree evenings.
:werd: its fawkin cold in arlington heights today i think it was warmer in NY
Old 10-12-2007, 11:27 AM
JGordon

I use Cortech Scarab RR gloves for Spring/Summer/Fall riding:

I feel like the gauntlet definitely helps with wrist protection in the event of a crash. These gloves are mostly leather, with some Keprotec panels in between the fingers that allow a little bit of airflow. Even in 90+ degree weather, I never felt like my hands got too hot with them on.

I'm probably going to pick up a pair of Alpinestar Vega Drystar gloves for winter/colder weather. They've got a waterproof membrane and Thinsulate insulation. My hands got a little chilly riding to work this morning with the Cortechs on. Was probably about 40 degrees out.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:29 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my gauntlets in the summer, they are not at all unbearable, and I feel safer with the added protection.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
bnuk

I'm also thinking about getting this, seems like something built for snowboarders would be good for us. Its like mask for your nose, mouth and neck but according to description it is supposed to keep some of the moisture in the mask so if that works it would help with the fogging as well.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/2...-ST-Mask-.html
Old 10-24-2007, 06:06 PM
James3370
aka Heywoodjablowme

Originally Posted by bnuk
I'm also thinking about getting this, seems like something built for snowboarders would be good for us. Its like mask for your nose, mouth and neck but according to description it is supposed to keep some of the moisture in the mask so if that works it would help with the fogging as well.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/2...-ST-Mask-.html
yeah, something like that is what i was referrring to in my post above...

Originally Posted by heywoodjablowme
old navy performance fleece pullover under my jacket was perfect for me. they also make performance fleece pants to wear under your jeans. these items work great cause as it warms up, thet breath real nice so you don't smother...till it gets warm enough to take em off

also look into gettin a blacava from REI or somewhere. put it on under your helmet & then tuck it in your jacket & zip it up tight around your neck.....you'd be amazed how much keeping your exposed neck area warm has to do w/ making cold weather riding bearable
this is the one i have:
http://www.rei.com/product/712527

here are all of theirs:
http://www.rei.com/Search.do?storeId...and+Balaclavas