Notices

Simple cheap mod to sportbike advice.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple cheap mod to sportbike advice.

I don't know, but i just put some water wetter stuff in my radiator on my 2002 Yamaha R1. Just learned what this stuff was on this forum. It says it cools running temps a few degrees. I've always noticed that my sport bike will absolutely haul tail in cool temps as compared to a hot day. Today it was 70 F. It only got up to about 168 on the temp guage on the bike. I think it usually gets up to the 180's. I can't recall though, because i never really looked at it. Anyway, i noticed the bike seemed faster after i did it, or it could all be in my head, which i don't think. It cost about 8 bucks at Pep Boys. I added about half of the bottle. I just sucked about 6 ounces or so out of my radiator with a straw, and then added it. Sportbikes have always been bad about running hot in hot temps. That's why i did it, and me knowing they run a heck of a lot better at cooler temps.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:34 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

I don't know about power but my friend has noticed has back did run a tad stronger.... maybe smoother? With my bike, my average temp is around 174 degrees(assuming I am not in stop and go traffic) but I have a 600. But hey, be lucky you don't have a V-twin. Those run a bit hotter than the inline 4s. heh
Old 01-31-2005, 09:14 AM
goon54

Originally Posted by Tankard
I don't know, but i just put some water wetter stuff in my radiator on my 2002 Yamaha R1. Just learned what this stuff was on this forum. It says it cools running temps a few degrees. I've always noticed that my sport bike will absolutely haul tail in cool temps as compared to a hot day. Today it was 70 F. It only got up to about 168 on the temp guage on the bike. I think it usually gets up to the 180's. I can't recall though, because i never really looked at it. Anyway, i noticed the bike seemed faster after i did it, or it could all be in my head, which i don't think. It cost about 8 bucks at Pep Boys. I added about half of the bottle. I just sucked about 6 ounces or so out of my radiator with a straw, and then added it. Sportbikes have always been bad about running hot in hot temps. That's why i did it, and me knowing they run a heck of a lot better at cooler temps.
whats that stuff called. i have a 03 r6 and i runs about 190-200 degrees.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:47 AM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Originally Posted by goon54
whats that stuff called. i have a 03 r6 and i runs about 190-200 degrees.

It's called, 'Water Wetter'. You can get it almost any motorcycle or car shop.
This is what it looks likes:
http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

About your R6, what kind of riding are you doing? That sounds about average for city riding; especially stop and go traffic. But if you get that from highway riding; assuming your average speed is around 65-75mph, then maybe you should look into it. Unless that's how R6s run? Any other R6 riders here have any input? :thinking:
Old 02-01-2005, 12:43 PM
goon54

Originally Posted by DamnAccord
It's called, 'Water Wetter'. You can get it almost any motorcycle or car shop.
This is what it looks likes:
http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

About your R6, what kind of riding are you doing? That sounds about average for city riding; especially stop and go traffic. But if you get that from highway riding; assuming your average speed is around 65-75mph, then maybe you should look into it. Unless that's how R6s run? Any other R6 riders here have any input? :thinking:
Yeah.. its mostly city driving. qucik question. im trying to sell my bike at this place..www.sellusyourbike.com
any inputs? they suppose to call me back b4 saturday. offered me $5200 maybe $5300 which aint too bad.
its a 2003 r6 with about 1500 miles.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:39 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

qucik question. im trying to sell my bike at this place..www.sellusyourbike.com
any inputs? they suppose to call me back b4 saturday. offered me $5200 maybe $5300 which aint too bad.
its a 2003 r6 with about 1500 miles.

I've never heard of that place before. Go here to check out the value of your bike.... www.nada.com
For my area(San Francisco), it can be sold as low as 4720 if it's in bad shape but it can be as high as 6210 in good condition. I'd check it out and see how much your bike is worth in your area.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:02 PM
goon54

I've never heard of that place before. Go here to check out the value of your bike.... www.nada.com
For my area(San Francisco), it can be sold as low as 4720 if it's in bad shape but it can be as high as 6210 in good condition. I'd check it out and see how much your bike is worth in your area.
thanks dude!
get this kbb.com has my bike for $6020.
nada.com has it for $5479 average. this company is based in michigan and i guess does a sweep to neighboring states to check out bikes. they suppose to roll by sunday. im gonna hate myself for selling it man
:cry:
Old 02-02-2005, 02:21 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

thanks dude!
get this kbb.com has my bike for $6020.
nada.com has it for $5479 average. this company is based in michigan and i guess does a sweep to neighboring states to check out bikes. they suppose to roll by sunday. im gonna hate myself for selling it man
:cry:

No problem!
I use to check out kbb myself but I personally think nada.com tend to be more 'realistic' with their pricing. Anyway, sucks you're selling your bike. I remember when I sold my first bike, I was bummed for about a month.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:13 AM
goon54

No problem!
I use to check out kbb myself but I personally think nada.com tend to be more 'realistic' with their pricing. Anyway, sucks you're selling your bike. I remember when I sold my first bike, I was bummed for about a month.
what did u sell?
im just thinking of paying off a credit card and maybe getting a user gixxer later on. it does suck now. but i had my fun. doing 160 is hella fun!!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

what did u sell?
I sold a Suzuki GS500e. It was such a comfortable bike to ride. :happysad: