Notices

Fog!

Old 11-17-2004, 04:49 AM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog!

I just came home from riding in the worst fog I've seen in a while. It was certainly the worst fog I've ever ridden in. This was just before 5:00am so it was dark too and I could barely see 15ft ahead of me. It was definitely scary on the freeway where I slowed myself way down because I couldn't see signs or ramps. I could only make out the blur of lights around me. I kept worrying that I was going to run into something or that someone was going to run into me. Scary stuff.

Anyone else have stories about low visibility situations?

It's not much but here's a pic of my street.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Picture 379.jpg (42.8 KB, 107 views)
Old 11-17-2004, 02:37 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

It was on one of my night rides. I went through Skyline Blvd. in Pacifica. And I think you know what Pacifica and Daly City is notoriously known for, right? The stupid fog. I kid you not when I say that I could barely see my hand in front of my face. That's how thick the fog was. The speed limit was 50 but I was only going 20. Fortunately, I know the area well so I was able to make it out safely back onto 280 where there was no fog. h:
Old 11-19-2004, 05:56 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

fog's no fun to ride in...

...i rode home in the rain from riverside before...(about an hour and a half in the rain). it was pouring rain! oddly enough, when i got home, my helmet was wet (as was to be expected), but the jacket was only mildly damp (if even that), the gloves were cold, but not wet at all, and my jeans were perfectly dry! funnay stuff, funnay stuff!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:45 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you wouldnt believe the fog i hit one time in my old car, it was like 3 times that bad
my buddies had like 10 ppl in an SUV behind me and one of them almost threw up cause they got so freaked out (that how bad it wass, you didnt even like know where you were)
Old 12-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Tankard

Was it like the night, when Large Marge on Pee Wee's Big adventure had the worst accident she'd ever seen? I had to ask. That's what came to my mind when i read your post. "Remember, tell em Large Marge sent you." I thought it was funny at the time when i watched it years ago.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:25 AM
motoguy128

been there done that. Had this problem near Chicago when going from the city to the farms outside the suburbs where I lived. It usually happened in the late Fall, so not only was it foggy, it was also under 50F.

The worst however was a couple times when it was foggy and right at the freezing point. The fog hit you and actually began to freeze on your jacket, visor, widnscreen, etc. After just a short 20 minute ride to meet some guys for breakfast, I was covered in frost and ice.