Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

check engine/ VTM-4 light

Old 12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
charus723

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine/ VTM-4 light

Hi, hope you can help me. When I was driving the other night the VTM-4 and check engine light went on at the same time. (Honda Pilot 2004). according to manual, VTM-4 has to do with 4 WD- when got back into car to drive home, VTM-4 light off, but check engine light remained on. Took to dealer, VTM-4 remained off the whole drive- diagnostic found problem with idle valve-400.00 to replace. When I asked why the other light (VTM-4) went on, they said that the valve probably whacking out other lights to go on...doesn't make sense to me-opting to have them reset check engine light to see what happens. Told not dangerous at this time to leave valve as is... what's your opinion? Make sense to you? -thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
cruzalekz

with the idle valve out of comission, you might end up with no starts. solution is to step on the gas pedal to let air in through the throttle plate just incase this happens.
the other code seems to be transmission related.

for sure, they are 2 separate things and are not related.
i suggest you go to a tranny shop and the idle air problem, check ebay if the sell one.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
cruzalekz

vtm question, i just saw a thread with the same issue with the vtm. its common to your suv
Old 01-15-2009, 08:11 PM
yogi799

Originally Posted by charus723
Hi, hope you can help me. When I was driving the other night the VTM-4 and check engine light went on at the same time. (Honda Pilot 2004). according to manual, VTM-4 has to do with 4 WD- when got back into car to drive home, VTM-4 light off, but check engine light remained on. Took to dealer, VTM-4 remained off the whole drive- diagnostic found problem with idle valve-400.00 to replace. When I asked why the other light (VTM-4) went on, they said that the valve probably whacking out other lights to go on...doesn't make sense to me-opting to have them reset check engine light to see what happens. Told not dangerous at this time to leave valve as is... what's your opinion? Make sense to you? -thanks
Any updates on the VTM-4 light? I get it as well, randomly, and then it shuts of my 4WD. I am growing concerned....