Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

CR-V Squeaking

Old 07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
17fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR-V Squeaking

Each time I go over the slightest bump or turn a corner, my '98 CR-V squeaks from the rear--almost like something is rusted and needs oil. It's driving me crazy. Any ideas what I should check first? Thank you in advance!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
foot

I would check your trailing arm bushings. Also check the tightness of your suspension components. Get a can of lube, spray all the pivot points ( bushings etc ) . Could be exhaust rubbing. I'm sure a visual inspection will tell something.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:03 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

I kniow this is back from the dead, but incase someone else searches and finds this, your rear dif fluid if its and awd needs to be changed every 30,000 miles. You will alse hear this on u-turns.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 AM
clynnmurray

Default Burnishing clutches

I just had a similar problem with my 2006 CRV with, you got it, 30,000 miles. It had been making 'strange' noises when turning sharply at slow speeds. (May have been at higher speeds also, just didn't hear them). We took it back to the dealer and they said there was a Service Bulletin out on that and the oil should be changed @ 30,000 miles. They did so and the work order also said they 'burnished' the clutches? What does this involve? My reason for asking is that my daughter also has a 2006 CRV with 80,000 miles and the fluid has not been changed as there is no service as such noted in the manual that came with these cars. of course with 80,000 miles there is no warranty but the dealer said to just change the fluid two times and it would 'probably' be ok. He husband is a diesel mechanic and he is going to do the job. SInce 'burnishing the clutches' was mentioned on mine, I wondered what that consisted of?
Thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 01:56 PM
lemmyb

I'd say its the bushes. If not, then it should be the diff oil.

Anybody know what 'burnishing the clutches' is? Am quite curious!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
clynnmurray

BURNISH: To make smooth or shiny by rubbing; to polish; to shine.

Wiktionary definition of 'burnish'.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 PM
CARAMILK

When I start the car harder and got wheel spin the transmission sounds strange, something like a rusted metal squeaking/noise. The noise cannot be heard everytime, but it does more often than before, it even sounds when I got hard wheel spin in the snow.
The noise is similar to an old rusted metal door when you close it, but a deeper sound.

does anybody knows what can be the problem ?

the car is a 2002 VTEC 4WD HR-V (manual transmission), 45.000km
My 02 CR-V did this also. If you change your dual pump fluid it will stop....assuming you have the same AWD system as we do.
this is definitely a dual pump issue. try turning the steering to full lock (left or right) and taking off normally, it should make the same noise to some extent.

i had my dual pump fluid and the trochoidal pump gears (coarse > upgraded / polished) replaced (under warranty) and the sound was gone.
this is bad because the car is no longer in warranty. And I want to make some power mods, which probably would kill completly the AWD :cry:
i'm not really sure but there should be a recall regarding the dual pump gears. if replacing the dual pump fluid alone works then you get it done cheap anyway.

================================================== ====
Mauritius Hotels coaching basketball