Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

wipers out of control-HELP!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Jst1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wipers out of control-HELP!

2000 Odyssey. The wipers won't always shut off when the switch is turned off. I can control speed and washer--the low speed just won't shut off sometimes. Had it to the dealer twice, but it was not acting up then and they could not find anything wrong (of course). I'm thinking it's a short in the wiper switch somewhere? If so, can that easily be replaced?

Coincidently, this all started after a front-end rebuild from an accident, however the accident/repair did not affect the wipers (according to the body shop).

Thanks,
Jess
Old 03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya it could be a switch 3 bolts under the steering coulomb cover and thy snap apart.Two screws holding the switch on.One connector.The body damage could be related body shops are not good with electrical thy seem to mess up a lot but the pain shore dose look nice.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Jst1

OK, I tried replacing the switch, but the wipers behave the same--no difference. The wipers just keep going in low speed. Could a short in the wiring cause this? Or maybe the wiper motor is bad???

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Jst1

I don't have any pics. It was mainly front-end damage involving the bumper and radiator. The hood got crunched up too.