Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Found a used Odyssey

Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 PM
maskedSONY
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a used Odyssey

I found a used 1999 Odyssey with about $83K on the odometer at a nearby Honda dealer. I want to ask what are some of the known problems or trouble spots with these vehicles are? Since it's a Honda, I'm expecting it to be bulletproof, but like any other Honda, it will have some minor glitches that are worth knowing about. So if you have any helpful info, please send it my way!

:beer:
Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
ErichPryde

the automatic transmissions in the odyssey are well known for problems. if that's out of the way, past the danger zone, whatever- the van should be great to drive.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:59 PM
maskedSONY
-

I actually consulted another forum and found a slew of information about this. Damn! I didnt know the tranny was this big of a problem for the car.

Anyways, the car is off my list of used vehicles to buy. I'm off to search for used Mazda MPVs.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:14 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maskedSONY
I actually consulted another forum and found a slew of information about this. Damn! I didnt know the tranny was this big of a problem for the car.

Anyways, the car is off my list of used vehicles to buy. I'm off to search for used Mazda MPVs.
lol, good luck with that.

the transmission problems that plague the odyssey are those not commonly associated with honda, they really arent terribly bad when you compare it to other vehicles in the segment... infact the transmission seems to be the only big problem, and alot of people have gotten 120+ out of the J-series transmissions.

it's all realative, people bitch about the transmissions because they expected honda quality and got... normal quality.