Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Air Conditioner for $1,000

Old 05-12-2006, 06:53 AM
yelkenli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioner for $1,000

My 2001 Oddyssey AC started making a noise. it is not squeeling of the belt, but more like a low level ratchet sound that only occurs when the AC cycles on. The ratchet sound is similar to the noise the AC usually makes, but louder in my opinion. I noticed this at about the same time I noticed the air was not cooling. however, it does seem to cool some. Also, the change seems to have happened all of a sudden. the Honda dealer states the compressor pistons are failing and this makes the noise. he also states that there could be collateral damage, so don't wait too long. and they want over a $1,000. Any ideas what this might be? the car has about 60k miles on it.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:30 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where are you located?...do you use your a/c often (such as in a warm weather / desert state)?

i would get this fixed asap if you use if often as if the compressor completely fails it would cause further damage by contaminating the a/c system entirely (thousands more)