Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

05' Odyssey Whistling Noise

Old 08-07-2005, 05:20 PM
2hondas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05' Odyssey Whistling Noise

My parent's 05' Oddy has a whistling noise when driven at highway speeds. We also have an Aftermarket hood deflector, could that be the cause? Or has anyone else heard of any similar problems? thanks! :wiggle:
Old 08-07-2005, 07:46 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...why don't you try taking it off and finding out...
Old 08-08-2005, 07:20 AM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Yeah what he said, I've had a few 05 oddy's that had a wind noise already. The problem was in the cowl. I would try removing the aftermarket stuff first.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:58 AM
2hondas

There was a SLIGHT whistling sound before we put it on, but it made it worse, so i guess theres an initial problem with the cowling? Thats part of the windshield or something right?
Old 02-17-2006, 06:08 PM
eneka

the whistle you describe if its coming from the whindshield the problem is they need to replace the whindshiled moulding. The black strip that runs top to bottum on the outside of the glass. the problem is the trim is plastic but there is a piece of rubber that is held in with double stick tape. It actually makes a seal between the trim and the body/fender. The tape fails and the rubber makes a gap and when you drive the wind makes it whistle. Packing it with sealer is only a shotty repair and isn't the proper fix.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:34 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eneka
the whistle you describe if its coming from the whindshield the problem is they need to replace the whindshiled moulding. The black strip that runs top to bottum on the outside of the glass. the problem is the trim is plastic but there is a piece of rubber that is held in with double stick tape. It actually makes a seal between the trim and the body/fender. The tape fails and the rubber makes a gap and when you drive the wind makes it whistle. Packing it with sealer is only a shotty repair and isn't the proper fix.
I think thats plagiarism.

Thanks for copying and pasting my comments from another forum. Next time at least use your own words !!!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=308764

Old 05-13-2006, 11:50 AM
MAPstr

Default Whistling Odessy Service Bulletin

I had a similar problem. The dealer couldn't duplicate the problem, but says there is a service bulletin on the Whistling Odyssey problem. They ordered some parts.
----
Postscript: It was under warranty and no charge. Ask about Technical Service Bulletin 04-078 (TSB 04-078).

Mike

Last edited by MAPstr; 05-16-2006 at 08:53 AM.