Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

2005 Passport brake grinding??

Old 03-08-2005, 06:28 AM
amc5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Odyssey brake grinding??

sorry... it should say Odyssey....

I have recentley purchased an 05 Odyssey It is still under warranty of course, but this is one of those intermittent problems that dont happen when you take it to Honda. Of course they wont even think about looking into it if the problem cannot be replicated in their presense.

Sometimes, when you come to a stop, when you are almost to your stop, it will start to sound like it does when your rotors have rust on them...kinda like a quite scrape. Then as you get closer and closer to a full stop, it sounds horrbile. Like I dont even have brake pads at all..a full-out metal on metal grind sound. I have no idea what it could be. Van has under 5K on it... any ideas?? thanks
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 PM
benjamin
Stuff and things.

I have bad news for you -- there's no such thing as a 2005 Passport. When there was a Honda called the Passport, it was an SUV, not a van. Are you sure you didn't buy a 2005 Pilot?

I'm not sure what you mean by "grinding." Can you elaborate? Compare it to another noise?

One possibility that springs to mind is gravel on the caliper backplate. Can you see any deep grooves in the brake rotors? Can you post some close up, well-lit pics?
Old 03-08-2005, 01:05 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beat me to the punch. The passports last year was 2002 so what you have we have know idea.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

could be a rock stuck in betwwen the heat shield and the rotor, see it once in a while on a new car