Notices

Need help!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 09:44 AM
volsmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!!

have a 1993 acura legend... it went to the shop cause we believed it had a blown head gasket...the car had an over heating problem... the car had been sitting because of this problem.. it had been driven hot, it needs some machine work on the heads... which was done... the car was gone through and put back together.... heads pressure tested, block pressure tested, cooling system pressure tested all checked out ok.. but the car over heats.... fans work... no coolant leaks.... ANY IDEAS please help.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:30 PM
flynbyu2

I had a 91 Legend with a similiar problem. It turned out to be one of the heater bypass hoses. The problem only showed itself once the car reached operating temps.

It was very difficult to locate the problem hose as it's right up against the firewall. About the only thing you can do is start the car up, let it run and start looking, listening and smelling for coolant from somewhere under the hood.

Good luck.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
gretahop

I've seen some vehicles get air pockets in the cooling system and cause overheating problems. They make swirl pots to attach to the radiator hoses to help with this issue. Take it to a car repair place and see if they can diagnose it. I'm sure someone on their payroll can help out.

Last edited by gretahop; 03-02-2011 at 09:49 AM.