Notices

Remote starter

Old 06-18-2002, 06:21 PM
TGXIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote starter

Does anyone know if it's possible to install a remote starter to a 1996 RL? I'm not sure how it would work with the factory remote keyless entry system, if I have to remove the factory system to install the remote starter or whatever. If it does work with the factory system, can someone explain what I should do when I install a remote keyless entry system?
Old 06-20-2002, 12:27 PM
katskilz

I know you can but I don't no how, if your not to sure about how to do it have someone who's knows what there doing install the remote starter. And I believe it doesn't work with your factory alarm it would be separate.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:16 PM
TGXIII

so I can install a remote starter but my factory alarm will still be intact? ill look for someone to install it for me, but i wanna know if i can still use the factory alarm in conjunction with the remote starter because some remote start systems come with an alarm.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:45 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

You can purchase a separate remote start unit that does just that. You can still use your factory remote entry/security, but the only drawback is that you will have two separate remotes. It's a fairly simple installation for anyone who's done remote alarms, starters, etc.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:40 PM
TGXIII

thanx everyone who posted. you guys were a lot of help. one more question: does anyone know any good remote starters that has the option of turning on the climate control of your car also? im looking for one that doesnt come with a remote keyless entry or a car alarm so i can still use my factory one.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:16 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally posted by TGXIII
thanx everyone who posted. you guys were a lot of help. one more question: does anyone know any good remote starters that has the option of turning on the climate control of your car also? im looking for one that doesnt come with a remote keyless entry or a car alarm so i can still use my factory one.
You should be able to find a remote starter just by itself. When you have it installed, ask the technician who will be doing it to tie the starter to the climate control. They will have to run an output from the starter to the climate control accessory line, and it will remember the setting you had when you shut the car off last time. Just remember to ask the installer to do that for you (some places may charge a little extra labor for that)