Notices

Therin's Big List of questions

Old 09-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Therin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Therin's Big List of questions

I'm new to the integra scene, in my last thread i was asking some questions to find out exactly what kind of integra my car was. So far i have found out (and some of i already knew) that it is a:

1998 Acura Intregra EL GSR 4 door Sedan
1.8L DOHC b18c
MagnaFlow Exhaust
a CAI (not sure what, forgot the name)
There are Skunk2 decals on the rear windows, trying to find out what he threw in there at the moment.

Now for the questions i have right now so i can collect info for mods and stuff.

What is the base horse power of my model? I would like to know so i can take it to my buddies shop and hook it to a dyno and see how much the HP was increased by adding these.

I also need some recommended brands for intregra specific parts for the engine and suspension.

What would be next obvious mod to increase HP and torq? I was thinking of getting a new intake and exhaust manifold next, is this wise?

How much horsepower can the stock tranny cam take before i need to swap in new and better ones?

Trying to find a nice body kit is seeming impossible for my teg, so any websites would great.

All i can think of right now, as its past my bedtime and i gotta get some sleep for work tommorow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Chrgsr96
~~~~~~~~~

Default Re: Therin's Big List of questions

Originally posted by Therin
I'm new to the integra scene, in my last thread i was asking some questions to find out exactly what kind of integra my car was. So far i have found out (and some of i already knew) that it is a:

1998 Acura Intregra EL GSR 4 door Sedan
1.8L DOHC b18c
MagnaFlow Exhaust
a CAI (not sure what, forgot the name)
There are Skunk2 decals on the rear windows, trying to find out what he threw in there at the moment.

Now for the questions i have right now so i can collect info for mods and stuff.

What is the base horse power of my model? I would like to know so i can take it to my buddies shop and hook it to a dyno and see how much the HP was increased by adding these.

I also need some recommended brands for intregra specific parts for the engine and suspension.

What would be next obvious mod to increase HP and torq? I was thinking of getting a new intake and exhaust manifold next, is this wise?

How much horsepower can the stock tranny cam take before i need to swap in new and better ones?

Trying to find a nice body kit is seeming impossible for my teg, so any websites would great.

All i can think of right now, as its past my bedtime and i gotta get some sleep for work tommorow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'll answer a few of your questions here.

-The base horsepower rating at the flywheel is 170hp. And with just your few mods you are not going to have gained much hp at all to be honest so putting it on the dyno might be a bit of a waste.

-The next mod I would chose would be to get a header of your choice. I owned the DC 4-2-1 header and also the Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust and like that setup very well. But you already have an exhaust I see.

-Recommended brands for parts are going to be different for different parts you are talking about in my opinion.

But anyways I hope that answered a few of your questions.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Chrgsr96
~~~~~~~~~

Also look into getting a Hi/Flo cat. That is another basic upgrade most people will go with.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:22 PM
b00gers

getting a baseline dyno reading is not exactly a waste.

an intake and exhaust isnt going to add much HP or torque. if i were you i would make a plan of what kind of car you want. that will save yourself money in the long run.

if you want lots of horsepower, i suggest going force induction like a turbo or supercharger...maybe even nitrous if you want the power only for the tracks.

if you just want to do basic bolt on....and maybe an easy cam / cam gear swap, your tranny should hold up fine. but upgrading the clutch or flywheel is not a bad idea.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:26 PM
TarHeeL-Si

i think that if you want real power you should get a different car, because to make this car fast without FI is way to expensive, imo
by the way ur car sounds nice

kellen
Old 09-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Chrgsr96
~~~~~~~~~

Flywheel is a very good mod, I agree. I had the Fidanza 7lb flywheel installed in my car and enjoyed it greatly for the 5 days I drove the car untill I totalled it.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:38 AM
Therin

Well what i want to do is make the car a hybrid show/drag racer, Mainly show for the first few years, till i get all the nice shiny parts in there.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a CAT? i've seen it on a few threads but wasnt sure what it is.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:41 AM
Therin

Oh yeah one more thing, with the current exhaust system in my teg, the sound is quite loud on the inside while driving, is there anyway to cut down the noise level inside so i can enjoy music without having to crank up the volume?
Old 09-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Chrgsr96
~~~~~~~~~

Well what i want to do is make the car a hybrid show/drag racer, Mainly show for the first few years, till i get all the nice shiny parts in there.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a CAT? i've seen it on a few threads but wasnt sure what it is.
CAT is simply just short for catalytic converter

Oh yeah one more thing, with the current exhaust system in my teg, the sound is quite loud on the inside while driving, is there anyway to cut down the noise level inside so i can enjoy music without having to crank up the volume?

You could get rid of your exhaust and buy one that is quieter because a hi/flo cat will only cause your exhaust to get louder. If your interested in buying a new exhaust then do a search and you will find a lot of information on exhausts.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:29 PM
Therin

Originally posted by TarHeeL-Si
i think that if you want real power you should get a different car, because to make this car fast without FI is way to expensive, imo

kellen
Well i'm not too worried about costs, i have a nice paying job so saving money for turbo wouldnt be too much trouble.

But i've been wondering for the past few if teg's can take twin turbo or not? Anyone able to answer this?