View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Chrgsr96
~~~~~~~~~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Therin's Big List of questions

Originally posted by Therin
I'm new to the integra scene, in my last thread i was asking some questions to find out exactly what kind of integra my car was. So far i have found out (and some of i already knew) that it is a:

1998 Acura Intregra EL GSR 4 door Sedan
1.8L DOHC b18c
MagnaFlow Exhaust
a CAI (not sure what, forgot the name)
There are Skunk2 decals on the rear windows, trying to find out what he threw in there at the moment.

Now for the questions i have right now so i can collect info for mods and stuff.

What is the base horse power of my model? I would like to know so i can take it to my buddies shop and hook it to a dyno and see how much the HP was increased by adding these.

I also need some recommended brands for intregra specific parts for the engine and suspension.

What would be next obvious mod to increase HP and torq? I was thinking of getting a new intake and exhaust manifold next, is this wise?

How much horsepower can the stock tranny cam take before i need to swap in new and better ones?

Trying to find a nice body kit is seeming impossible for my teg, so any websites would great.

All i can think of right now, as its past my bedtime and i gotta get some sleep for work tommorow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'll answer a few of your questions here.

-The base horsepower rating at the flywheel is 170hp. And with just your few mods you are not going to have gained much hp at all to be honest so putting it on the dyno might be a bit of a waste.

-The next mod I would chose would be to get a header of your choice. I owned the DC 4-2-1 header and also the Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust and like that setup very well. But you already have an exhaust I see.

-Recommended brands for parts are going to be different for different parts you are talking about in my opinion.

But anyways I hope that answered a few of your questions.