Notices

Mugen twin loop

Old 09-19-2003, 12:44 AM
RookieIntegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen twin loop

any1 have the mugen twin loop? i am looking for new exhaust, i was going with the rs*r til my friend told me to go with mugen. so now i dont know what to get. so i was wondering if i can get some opinons on this matter. i would love to hear some sound clips if any1 can also help me with with it. thx a lot. oh yeah i was also thinkin about the apexi ws, but just because its the cheapest one out of all three.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:23 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dc sport has a twin loop system at a cheaper price. For the money, the RS*R exmag is at the top of the list as well as Mugen. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:24 AM
RookieIntegra

hows the dc sport compare to mugen?
Old 09-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

heres a sound clip of a mugen twin loop... http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
Old 09-19-2003, 07:18 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

Default Re: Mugen twin loop

Originally posted by RookieIntegra
any1 have the mugen twin loop? i am looking for new exhaust, i was going with the rs*r til my friend told me to go with mugen. so now i dont know what to get. so i was wondering if i can get some opinons on this matter. i would love to hear some sound clips if any1 can also help me with with it. thx a lot. oh yeah i was also thinkin about the apexi ws, but just because its the cheapest one out of all three.
Mugen is Acura's race team. So a Mugen is a nice exhaust for an Acura. I dunno I've been checking out the Apexi it looks and sounds pretty nice. DC Sports always makes good stuff. I don't know much about RS*R. Sounds like you can't go wrong either way man. A say if you can afford the Mugen, go for it.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Default Re: Re: Mugen twin loop

Originally posted by JohnQPhats
Mugen is Acura's race team. So a Mugen is a nice exhaust for an Acura. I dunno I've been checking out the Apexi it looks and sounds pretty nice. DC Sports always makes good stuff. I don't know much about RS*R. Sounds like you can't go wrong either way man. A say if you can afford the Mugen, go for it.
I'll correct you nicely before a more seasoned member rips you a new one. Mugen is an entirely seperate entity from Honda, and they make honda-specific peformance parts that, while killer in performance, are killer on your wallet.

Acura is a part of Honda, and all the Acuras in the world are, infact, Honda made cars with different badges.

DC sports makes good low-end stuff. They will always be outstripped by more major companies like Comptech and GReddy, and can't hold a candle to HyTech, SMSP, or Mugen

DC sports, as of today, DOES NOT make a Twin Canister System (aka TCS / twin loop) for the 3rd gen integra. They do make one for the 4th gen (aka Acura RSX) though.

The Mugen twin loop, while an awesome NA exhaust, is horribly expensive.... you could probably buy 2 full good cat-back systems for the price of one Mugen twin loop.

Though, a Mugen twin loop is kinda OK for superchargers, and would be a bad decision if you plan to go for Turbo.

My fav exhausts, in the affordable price range, are the Comptech, Apex'i WS, and Greddy Evo. If I had the money, I'd buy a full custom HyTech with a supercharger header (Very short and fat primaries) and 2.75 piping. That would be indeed, the shit...
Old 09-19-2003, 09:10 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Default Re: Re: Re: Mugen twin loop

Originally posted by Epoch
I'll correct you nicely before a more seasoned member rips you a new one.
i wasnt in the mood h: :rick: :chuckles:
Old 09-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Mugen twin loop

Originally posted by Snoopy
i wasnt in the mood h: :rick: :chuckles:
Figgurd as much :thumbup:

There's no way a post like that could sink under the Snoop-dar...
Old 09-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

as for me, i love the full hytech header/cat/exhaust setup :drool:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
eva01 hytech.jpg (19.0 KB, 305 views)
Old 09-19-2003, 09:22 PM
CiViC2nR86
JDM Padawin