Notices

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! It was bound to happen...

Old 07-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Nico///M3
M3 Pimpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude that sux to hear F**King theives, it makes wanting to hook up a car no more fun when someone can just jack it underneath your very eyes. My GS-R got broken into 2 times in one month and decided to never buy another honda EVER again. and since you did mention something about buyin a non honda vehicle, why dont you swing over to the dark side of the bimmerworld, hehehhe j/k good luck with your car, and best of luck finding a replacement.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:03 PM
civicboi95

so the other police squad didnt purse them?
Old 07-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Paulll
Hail Bent

I have heard that Integra's are the most stolen cars!!!
Thats sucks big, but i hope that no1's elses car gets stolen
Peace:madfawk:
Old 07-09-2002, 02:02 PM
AMCbimmer

If I had a gun I would shoot anyone that touched my car and I saw them.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:08 PM
kabob

No, the Honda Accord is the most stolen car in the U.S. The Teg doesn't even make the top 5. Sux dude; I can't imagine what I'd do if my Type R got stolen
Old 07-09-2002, 02:25 PM
drPheta

Update.

The insurance called me back. For those of us that have NJM Insurance, it's a blessing. These people are really quick with responses and try their best to help out.

The police report isn't done yet, and the insurance is already sending out forms and questionaires to get this claim done ASAP.

As a lesson:

1. Do not attempt to pursue any thief. A thief already has no remorse for your own property. Think gives a damn about you? Most likely not..and he'll kill you to keep himself safe if he can.

2. The system works. Even though the cops got there just a bit too late, they were quick to come in the first place. Dude, 30 seconds after i got off the phone with 911, the cops were on my street chasing the teg. They stopped the chase, however, in light of public safety. A 100+ mph chase in suburban streets (mostly 25-35mph zones) definitely jeopardizes public safety.

3. Even though insurance companies make a killing, not all of them are out to just earn a buck. Many of them are out to earn a buck at the same time they're out to help a neighbor. NJM is one of them (at least so far...we'll see when compensation comes).

dvs is correct about the lawsuit issue. There was actually a case where a thief broke into a house, armed, and was shot by the owner. The thief's family took the home owner to court and won the battle for gross manslaughter. Think about it...jail love ain't worth the POSSIBILITY (meaning NO GUARANTEE) of saving your car.

If you want to see what my car looked like, check one of my posts above.

Oh, btw, the integra is the #1 stolen car for the last recorded year. It was on cnn, cnbc, nbcdateline, 20/20, abc news, fox new, nbc news, cbs news...etc. #2 is the jeep grand cherokee.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:22 PM
tooslow2race
Master Bator

Originally posted by kabob
No, the Honda Accord is the most stolen car in the U.S. The Teg doesn't even make the top 5. Sux dude; I can't imagine what I'd do if my Type R got stolen

check your facts, integra's the #1 stolen car in the united states, but maybe not in your area, this info was released about a month or so ago
Old 07-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Paulll
Hail Bent

Originally posted by kabob
:doh:
Old 07-09-2002, 05:47 PM
kabob

What are you rolling your eyes at? It was the most stolen car last year, so my facts aren't wrong, just not as up to date. If he said that he saw that on CNN a month ago instead of "I heard that the Integra..." I would have said "Really? That sucks and is good to know"
Old 07-09-2002, 06:51 PM
drPheta

The alarm was a pursuit alarm made by audiovox (who also makes the prestige line as well).

The alarm has a starter kill switch, but the whole system can be professionally deactivated with some quick rewiring. Like i said, it took them a couple minutes to kill the alarm, get car started, and get the hell out of there.

These are professional thieves, and they know how to steal what they want...if they want it, they take it...simple as that.

Quick Reply: AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! It was bound to happen...