Notices

Integra Sitting Lower In The Rear

Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 AM
mdb20
Marky Mark B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Sitting Lower In The Rear

My 95 LS sits lower in the rear than in the front. It did this both before and after I lowered it with an Eibach Pro-Kit. I've noticed other stock Integras with the same issue and others that seem to sit more level from front to rear. It seems like the 94-97 models more commonly have this issue than the 98-01 models. Any ideas as to why the rear was/is sitting lower? Also, the rear seems to have a rubbery squeak over bumps from time to time now, that wasn't present before I lowered the vehicle. Eibach mentioned preloading the suspension during the install, which I did on the front and the rear. This didn't help the ride height of the vehicle or resolve the squeaking issue.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

did you reuse the stock shocks?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:28 AM
mdb20
Marky Mark B.

No, I used the Eibach provided matching shocks that came with the Pro-System kit.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

I think someone mentioned it has to do with the fender well opening size. Did you measure the fender well to the ground before and after the drop.....This is why I bough adjustable coilovers to dial the drop in.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:07 PM
JoeScro

Doesnt it have to do the withe springs, sometimes ppl cut the springs to save money from not buying new struts.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by JoeScro
Doesnt it have to do the withe springs, sometimes ppl cut the springs to save money from not buying new struts.
horrible idea
Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 AM
JoeScro

I know its a horrible Idea , thats what I was saying.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 AM
mdb20
Marky Mark B.

No offense guys, but none of the previous comments have been very helpful. Nor was the info provided to me by Eibach Technical Service (I work in technical service for ProCharger Superchargers). Why would I cut the springs in the first place? That's a terrible idea. Besides, I mentioned that I used an Eibach Pro-System that includes matching shocks and springs. What I was wondering is if anyone had experienced similar issues, before or after installing a non adjustable lowering kit. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Hey mdb, I will be installing my eibach mild lowering springs when I get back from my deployment very soon and will update you on how my car sits afterwards. The struts I am using are the Koni STR struts. May or may not sit the same but will let you know the verdict at least to see if it is a spring issue, strut issue, or just a integra manufacturing issue.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 AM
JoeScro

What I am trying to say is that unless you are the solo owner of the vehicle which I presume your not and you bought it used( I could be mistaken) then the previous owner(not you) may have cut the springs( which is a very bad idea) to cut the cost of not paying for struts/shocks for the effect. In no way was I ever stating the you mdb20 cut the springs. Your question was why is the back lower I was stating that maybe the original owner cut the springs( not Mdb20).