Notices

Koni install??

Old 07-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Platoon918

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni install??

I did a search for this, but didn't find anyone with a decent answer. So...I just got my Koni Yellows in, and in the coming week I plan to install them along with my Type-R springs. My question is, the instructions that came with the Yellows are very vague, and merely show a bunch of pictures. So where can I go to find detailed instruction of an install involving some Koni Yellows and perhaps some sport springs? Thanks for all the help!
Old 07-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Daniel

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/c.../coilover.html

Hope this helps some. If you need tools, you can always do it at my house!
Old 07-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Platoon918

Thanks man. Also, its not the tools I need, but the help of some one with prior knowledge. h:
Old 07-05-2002, 02:54 PM
jgrotkier
AIM SN: Johann14420

I'm sure you'll figure it out fine even without someone with knowledge there to help you. When I put mine in, I started while my friend (with prior knowledge) was on his way becuase I was impatient. Well I started working, and I had the whole front done before he even got there, it was a piece of cake (just don't break the bolt off in the rear LCA like I did and you'll be fine )
Old 07-05-2002, 07:18 PM
LudeRage

Hey jgrotkier, I was lookin at your car pics and in the first pic of your 91 LS, is that your 95 GSR in the background all torn up?
Old 07-05-2002, 07:29 PM
jgrotkier

yes
Old 07-06-2002, 06:57 AM
LudeRage

Geez. What the hell happened?
Old 07-06-2002, 07:08 AM
jgrotkier

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...&threadid=7242
Old 07-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Platoon918

I was just looking over the struts today, and I have a few more questions. First, how do you move the spring perch lower? I see there is a removable ring that fits into those notches, but how do I get that off to move it to the lowest notch (thats the one I want if I want the biggest drop possible right?)? Second, I was twisting the now on top to make it firmer and softer and such, but it seemed as if it never stopped rotating. Koni says to stop when you feel resistance, but I definately never encountered any "resistance." Typically how many times does it turn? Thanks.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:32 AM
Black2KGSR

Originally posted by Platoon918
I was just looking over the struts today, and I have a few more questions. First, how do you move the spring perch lower? I see there is a removable ring that fits into those notches, but how do I get that off to move it to the lowest notch (thats the one I want if I want the biggest drop possible right?)? Second, I was twisting the now on top to make it firmer and softer and such, but it seemed as if it never stopped rotating. Koni says to stop when you feel resistance, but I definately never encountered any "resistance." Typically how many times does it turn? Thanks.
when the shocks are off the car, it'll keep spinning around because you're turning the whole rod rather than the adjusting mechanism inside. when it's under load, full soft to full stiff is one complete turn (360*). It'll got about 2 full turns, but it's not recommended to go over 1 full turn...and I don't think you'd want to anyway.
as for the spring perch, I have no idea....I couldn't get that thing off myself...so I just left it where it was.

Quick Reply: Koni install??